GDT: Game 55: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | How the West was won

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SilentCheerfulAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

4858.gif

vTD236kay0t4yNDm3Cwuc5rdpHo=.gif

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Unfortunately I am at work for this game, big shock I know... So I don't know, play the most perfect game of hockey in the universe because I can't see it.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just don't lose in regulation tonight is all that is needed, right? I'm not really convinced Carolina is going to try that hard tonight to get the two points, but they might get them anyways. If they get 2 and VGK gets 1 then all that's needed is a point against the Sharks.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Should win the Vezina, but won't as Vasi has more wins(in more GP). Will most likely play tonite, then Lehner gets SJ.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just don't lose in regulation tonight is all that is needed, right? I'm not really convinced Carolina is going to try that hard tonight to get the two points, but they might get them anyways. If they get 2 and VGK gets 1 then all that's needed is a point against the Sharks.
'True. That said, I'm a fan of knocking it out tonight. Don't give COL or StL more confidence than you have to, going into the playoffs. (My heart tells me if we win the division, I want to face COL instead of MIN in the second round, but my brain tells me a Wild matchup would be a great opportunity to get that team out of their heads, and if we can can control McDavid and Mackinnon, we can control Kaprizov)

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

If Vegas only gets 1 point in each game Colorado would control their destiny for both the division and the President's Trophy.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If Vegas only gets 1 point in each game Colorado would control their destiny for both the division and the President's Trophy.

I guess that's true looking at the head to head, I thought an OTL would do the trick. I do think both teams want to win tonight for competitive reasons.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I am really curious to see if Pacioretty plays again during the season.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The Fleury giveaway from Saturday has found its new home on top of my monitor. Hopefully we move to 3-0 this season when I'm in attendance again tonight.

sYvhTxZ.jpg

itkRE3z.jpg
I can't wait til I can go back to the office and add a Flying Flower to my shrine!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Where did the report of Krebs being out for the playoffs come from?
He said "out for the season." Technically, that means through Wednesday, leaving playoffs a possibility.

ETA: This from Granger:

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The season is the 2020-21 regular season + playoffs, to me at least.
I mean Reaves has been "put for the rest of the season," leaving open that he could return in the playoffs.

I think there has been no clear status given for him, and I doubt VGK will give one.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean Reaves has been "put for the rest of the season," leaving open that he could return in the playoffs.

I think there has been no clear status given for him, and I doubt VGK will give one.

Saying someone is out for the season after taking a puck in the face makes it sound very serious

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Now my wife is telling me she saw that Patches and Reaves are gametime. I think I'm going to stop even trying to understand salary cap situations.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Damn that Krebs news really sucks. He was the only thing that was giving me hope that our 4th line could actually have at least 2 of 3 guys being productive hockey players come playoff time. Now we'll almost assuredly have some combo of Carrier/Kolesar/Reaves every game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
McKinnon playing. Martinez and Krebs both out.

If Deboer doesn't start Fleury, might as well just forfeit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad