GDT: Game 53: New York Rangers vs Calgary Flames, 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

Reactions: Tob

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I hate this organization.

Johnny Brodzinski is on PP1. Panarin is on PP2. Our PP is 5th in the league… THIS is obviously the change we needed. Not splitting Kreider and Zib at 5v5 or finding literally anyone alive to play 3C instead of Brodz. The guy is 30 years old. He isn’t a prospect. He isn’t even some 25 year old who may carve out a bottom six role as a late bloomer. He’s 30 years old and will play a career high NHL games this year. Tyler Pitlick is 32. Why do we love playing trash career tweeners in our bottom six instead of just letting guys like Edstrom and Rempe play? I know Edstrom was injured for a bit, but this isn’t limited to this year.

It’s just mind boggling that some people think we’re a deep team but Brodzinski is going to play on the top unit of a top 5 PP in the NHL. I’m happy for him - it’s a really feel good story for the dude, I’m just thoroughly uninspired by this franchise. Just let Kreider take the draws and let Cuylle get some PP time. Or even Vesey. I know GMs seem to think that you have to wait to the TDL to make trades, but honestly how many weeks ago could we have addressed 3C?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Johnny Brodzinski is on PP1. Panarin is on PP2. Our PP is 5th in the league… THIS is obviously the change we needed. Not splitting Kreider and Zib at 5v5 or finding literally anyone alive to play 3C instead of Brodz. The guy is 30 years old. He isn’t a prospect. He isn’t even some 25 year old who may carve out a bottom six role as a late bloomer. He’s 30 years old and will play a career high NHL games this year. Tyler Pitlick is 32. Why do we love playing trash career tweeners in our bottom six instead of just letting guys like Edstrom and Rempe play? I know Edstrom was injured for a bit, but this isn’t limited to this year.

It’s just mind boggling that some people think we’re a deep team but Brodzinski is going to play on the top unit of a top 5 PP in the NHL. I’m happy for him - it’s a really feel good story for the dude, I’m just thoroughly uninspired by this franchise. I know GMs seem to think that you have to wait to the TDL to make trades, but honestly how many weeks ago could we have addressed 3C?

I'm guessing they were expecting/hoping Chytil would come back.

i have no problem with the PPs being how they are because its not going to stick. This is a kick in the ass "get your shit together" move.

Edstrom is in tonight isnt he?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

It’s just mind boggling that some people think we’re a deep team but Brodzinski is going to play on the top unit of a top 5 PP in the NHL. I’m happy for him - it’s a really feel good story for the dude, I’m just thoroughly uninspired by this franchise. Just let Kreider take the draws and let Cuylle get some PP time. Or even Vesey. I know GMs seem to think that you have to wait to the TDL to make trades, but honestly how many weeks ago could we have addressed 3C?
I don’t see the rush to make a move, they are in a comfortable playoff spot, Brodzinski isn’t hurting them and the potential trade options aren’t exactly thrilling. Plus as far as his spot on the PP, him being RH is playing a role and ultimately these units aren’t going to stick unless they are successful so it’s not a big deal. Plus he’s going to play in the bumper based on the PP units and Cuylle wouldn’t be there

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Chytil being out and Kakko not being more than a 3rd liner at this point have really made the team more shallow than expected this season. But like you said, we need to bring in a 3C or could also be a lower end 2C if needed.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Matt Rempe was born in Calgary. They're starting the wrong redwood

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Kids, one of the things they don't tell you about getting older is that you can feel in your body when it's going to snow, and it's going to SNOW.

The Rangers need to keep me alert because there's a chance I could pass the f*** out...

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
marino injured and down the tunnel after slamming into the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad