Pre-Game Talk: GAME #53 | HABS @ LEAFS | THURS 7PM | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Expect a little better effort from the boys. Habs coming in on a back to back situation after playing in Ottawa on Wednesday. No real excuse to lose this one. Just have to match the Habs effort.

Would be real swell if the PP actually did something. The whole pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-fumble the puck-pass-pass-flubbed shot is not really producing much.

Assume Captain Jack back in net and maybe we'll see Rittich on Saturday? I say go with the best roster possible in this one, and start resting in the final three. No practice today (Tue), so we'll see what things look like at tomorrow's skate.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Edmonton plays Vanvouver 3 more times... Vancouver not going to win a game. We need 5 of the next 8 possible points. This is far from a lock.

I highly doubt Edmonton wins 8 straight games going into the playoffs. They are not a good enough team.

They may only lose once, or lose a couple of times in OT or something, but I highly doubt they win 5 in a row. Every Oiler loss counts the same as a Leafs win towards those 5 points.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Folks being so certain that one team literally can’t beat another in a game is so HF. Even the most unbalanced matchup league-wide is like 60:40 in any given game. TBL can’t guarantee a win against DET.

Edmonton will lose a game here and there folks. But thankfully we don’t have to worry because 1st in our control.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So an Edmonton loss and a Leafs win + an overtime loss by the Leafs gets Leafs 1st? How hard can that be? (Leafy thing to do would be to lose out and Edmonton to win out with McDavid scoring 10 against the Canucks)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Winning the division is meaningless in hockey. I want the to win the division, because I don't want to go into the playoffs on a losing run but winning the division quite literally means zilch. You have to win the division in the playoffs not regular season. I just laugh at how some people put so much emphasis on winning it during the regular season. If they win it in the regular season but not make it into the final 4, nobody is going to remember who finished 1st.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Winning the division is meaningless in hockey. I want the to win the division, because I don't want to go into the playoffs on a losing run but winning the division quite literally means zilch. You have to win the division in the playoffs not regular season. I just laugh at how some people put so much emphasis on winning it during the regular season. If they win it in the regular season but not make it into the final 4, nobody is going to remember who finished 1st.
Well we are all different and I would like to see a division-winning Banner in the rafters our 1st in 21 years. I would love the bragging rights as best team in Canada.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Folks being so certain that one team literally can’t beat another in a game is so HF. Even the most unbalanced matchup league-wide is like 60:40 in any given game. TBL can’t guarantee a win against DET.

Edmonton will lose a game here and there folks. But thankfully we don’t have to worry because 1st in our control.
Normally maybe but Vancouver is in the midst of one jam packed schedule, playing what was it 19 games in 38 days. They are done, its at the point where they pull the goalie with 7 minutes left one game. Losing 6 straight now and once they are mathematically eliminated, maybe after Thursday's game, whatever energy they have left will be zapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Since the Hab’s won the Stanley cup last game I feel they must be fatigued for this game. Leafs will win.
I must have missed something, Montreal hasn't won the cup since 1993 and if it weren't for Kerry Fraser 1986, is this a metaphor for the fans and player's reaction?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I must have missed something, Montreal hasn't won the cup since 1993 and if it weren't for Kerry Fraser 1986, is this a metaphor for the fans and player's reaction?

yes it was a tongue in cheek comment. They were celebrating over there like they won the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad