Elie - Spezza - Ritchie
Roussel - Dickinson - Shore

Lindell - Klingberg
Hamhuis - Pateryn
Johns - Honka

Lehtonen

--------------------​

The Opponent

The Stars are coming off a 4-1 win over the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday and are locked into the Western Conference's top wild-card position with the Wild hot on their heels. Defenseman John Klingberg, fresh off his first NHL All-Star Game appearance, leads the team with 49 points.

The Stars' big offensive guns are also firing. Tyler Seguin leads the team with 24 goals, while Alexander Radulov and Jamie Benn are close behind with 20 apiece. Along with Klingberg, these three forwards round out the team's leaders for both assists and points.

Goaltender Ben Bishop, who has started the past 17 games at the American Airlines Center, will not play Saturday after taking a puck to the face while on the bench Thursday. Instead, Kari Lehtonen will get the start. In 26 career games against the Wild, Lehtonen has posted 10 wins with a 2.82 GAA and save percentage of .897.

Last season, he went 0-3-1 against Minnesota with a 2.78 GAA and .892 save percentage.

The Stars will be without a few other key players Saturday. Antoine Roussel may return after missing two games with a nasal infection but will ultimately be a game-time decision. Marc Methot and former Wild forward Martin Hanzal will miss Saturday's contest with injuries.

The Wild is riding an eight-game point streak against the Stars, most recently picking up a 4-2 win over Dallas on Dec. 27 at Xcel Energy Center. Jason Zucker and Mikael Granlund each scored a goal and an assist to lead the Wild into the winner's column.

Alex Stalock
, who will likely suit up for Minnesota on Saturday following Devan Dubnyk's Friday night win over the Vegas Golden Knights, made 24 saves in that game.

--------------------​

Big one, tonight. Hopefully a relatively sedate 3rd period last night lets them carry the momentum all the way down to Texas. This would be an ideal game to keep exorcising our road demons in.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
tough game. I don't usually hope for bad things to happen to people, but i hope Roussell stubs his toe...like really badly, in the dressing room.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Thanks for the GDT!

Gotta score early to carry over that momentum from last night. Koivu's been disappointing on the score sheet; I'd like to see him step up.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It'll come for Koivu. he's been playing well, besides the 3 v3's.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It'll come for Koivu. he's been playing well, besides the 3 v3's.

Had a Pommer flashback from a couple of years ago, when couldn't buy a goal for the first 20+ games of the year.

Koivu's last 20 games (2g/9a, +6) have been better than the 20 games (0g/7a, -7) before that. So I guess things are improving.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Crucial game. If we win, we leapfrog Dallas and still have a game in hand. Not to mention we would then be 2 points back of St. Louis with two games in hand on them.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The way the Wild have been this year I'm not expecting much tonight. Look great one game, lay an egg the next seems to be about par for the course. Back end of a back-to-back, big win last night, some travel, Superbowl on some players minds (simply because it's in the Cities), Dallas is rested.

I want a regulation win, but am hoping for a loser point.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dallas is a half step faster. If something doesn't change they are going to score soon. Wild are playing dumb, and giving away the puck.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Open lane to the goal and Staal tries a no look pass to nobody?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nobody wants to shoot, over-passing, and not passing well. Hope they wake up in the intermission.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
giphy.webp

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tv crew seems to think this was a decent period. Don't agree.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Exciting start to the second period. Also, I just have to praise Prosser. The guy is playing so incredible well for a 650k player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad