Pre-Game Talk: GAME #52 | LEAFS @ HABS | MONDAY @7PM | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Prediction: Andersen will be healthy enough to get at least 2 games in out of the remaining 5, by that team we will have clinched 1st place anyways.

Andersen will be decent/pretty good in those games so we will feel good with Fred and Campbell going into the playoffs, but Campbell will start the playoffs.

Reactions: Obo and Burnie97

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Same for me.

Anyone successfully synch up the radio feed with Bowen to the TV yet? I know there's a delay in the radio streaming but just wonder if anyone successfully got around it somehow.

Actually, I have done that with my google home. I would do the pause/play tango until i got them lined up. Google home is way delayed. If its off even a bit though it gets annoying to watch. I may do that tonight. Thanks for the good reminder. Love hearing Joe call the games.

Reactions: OddyOh

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Need Marner to get like 3-4 points so he can catch up to Drai
3 points would have him surpass Kadri as the 25th highest career points player as a leaf.
He needs 11 more to pass Bozak for 24th. Outside chance he hits it by year end.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Freddy who?
Freddy Highmore the guy who Connor Mcdavid plays in the Good Doctor ;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: OddyOh

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Andersen playing tonight? Since MTL is our likely 1st round opponent, makes sense to see what he can do against them. I'm guessing Campbell leaving early means he's the starter though right?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If Freddie was even expected to be in the lineup for tonight's game there would have been a whole series of tweets and stories going back to yesterday about Dubas shuffling players around to get him off LTIR and into the roster.

When/if Freddie suits up for a game, we will all know it way ahead of time.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Do you want Montreal or the Jets?

The funny thing is if the Habs take points from us and catch the Jets, there's a decent chance the Oilers catch us and we still end up with the Habs as the 2 vs 3 rather than the 1 vs 4

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If Freddie was even expected to be in the lineup for tonight's game there would have been a whole series of tweets and stories going back to yesterday about Dubas shuffling players around to get him off LTIR and into the roster.

When/if Freddie suits up for a game, we will all know it way ahead of time.
That’s my interpretation as well. Also after the TDL it was widely reported on here by the capologist geeks that should Freddy return we’ll be over the cap since Foligno’s cap hit takes up pretty much exactly that of Freddie’s LTIR accrual. Healthy or not I don’t expect to see Freddie play even one more game before the end of the regular season.

where’s the GDT by the way?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This is the least excited I've ever been for Leafs-Habs games in terms of the outcome of the actual games.

I am excited to see how Liljegren plays in an elevated role though.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
Same for me.

Anyone successfully synch up the radio feed with Bowen to the TV yet? I know there's a delay in the radio streaming but just wonder if anyone successfully got around it somehow.
I always sync up Joe.
I start by getting the radio feed on my phone with the NHL Network app and Bluetooth it to my TV Sound Bar, then tape the game for 30 seconds, pausing until I have Joe synced up. A few minor adjustments throughout the game and I have the best voice in hockey coming at me through the TV.

Last edited:

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I thought I read somewhere they were planning to get Fred into a few Marlies games? I believe you can go down for conditioning after being on LTIR for up to 6 days or something? Would make sense to get him a few games down there for sure.

Reactions: PanniniClaus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad