GDT: Game 51 | WSH @ CBJ | 1/31 7:00 PM

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Gudbranson losing the puck and you could see it a mile away, but then it's a penalty to Caps, so guess that's good...

... and Korpi saves a partial breakaway after Johnny mishandles the puck a bit.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I think the Patty-Johnny connection works on PP - they just need a better QB (Bjork right now and I'll get back in line and agree with y'all he's not nearly good enough, first pass was not a good angle and second one he fumbled).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think the Patty-Johnny connection works on PP - they just need a better QB (Bjork right now and I'll get back in line and agree with y'all he's not nearly good enough, first pass was not a good angle and second one he fumbled).
They probably connect better on the PP vs 5 on 5 even though it’s not produced PP goals. On the subject of PP, over the past 5-7 games I’ve though KJ is our best player at carrying the puck into the offensive zone on the PP

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
0-1 Hathaway scores for Washington. Was going wide/over but hits Bayreuther or a Washington player and deflects into the net. Not much for Korpi to do there. Edit: Hathaway deflects it with a stick, so no blame on Bayreuther either. Nice deflection very close to a high stick but not quite.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don’t mind when they do tributes in the arena for dead celebrities by playing the Addams Family theme or Laverne and Shirley theme. However, when they follow it up with U2 I’m like “OMG did Bono die?”

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Marchenko has been a demon on the forecheck tonight
Yeah this shift by Marchenko and Johnson was pretty great. Can't wait for them to continue development - and with some luck Silly will become better too, and this line could be awesome as it is now.

0-2 TvR scores for Washington. Blue line shot that finds its way into the net, some traffic but feels like Korpi could've got that.

1-2 Peeke! Gets deflected up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad