GDT: Game 51: Red Wings vs canucks 1:00 pm et 2/10/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
What's our record the last 12 or 13 games? 10-2? I was supremely frustrated watching the game after the 5 minute major but as Zetterberg Era said they really did out play Vancouver 2 of the 3 periods. What a great stretch lately. I really hope we see the same effort when Husso gets his game here shortly.

Ray is our best forward often, someone besides Debrincat needs to be dropping the mitts.
10-2-2 in 2024

Ray has 14 points in those 14 games. Just behind Larkin's 16.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Just watched the highlights - caught Ken & Mick talking about the possibility of stats guys starting to differentiate between types of hits. Seems pretty mickey-mouse to me.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
3 stars of the game
Walman (Hronek)
Raymond
DeBrincat

Rasmussen has played like his draft position last 20ish games. Sprong is great.
Both teams obviously wanted the win. I didn't realise the Canucks are in the 1st place. I don't think we win this game with their #1 in net. DeSmith allowed 2 softish goals

Hughes is great, maybe the best player in the league. So amazing to watch. Was he picked after Zadina?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I live in Victoria and watched the Vancouver Canuck feed on Sportsnet Pacific. After the game the Canuck fans on line were beaking off about the poor non calls on Detroit and some penalties they took. From what I saw there were lots of non calls on Vancouver. The penalty shot call I'd admit was rather weak but we have got screwed so often about poor officiating we'll certainly get the penalty shot and the win. They even beaked off about the 5 minute match penalty which ended up as a two game suspension on Zadorov.

We have now won 5 in a row against Vancouver outscoring them 19-7

Reactions: Dtybur

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Great game to watch, it felt like a playoff game.
That was a huge win for Detroit coming off a long layoff and getting Chiarot and Kane back was nice too.

The cherry on top was me rubbing in Canuck fans faces and getting kicked out of the thread :laugh:

Reactions: Dtybur

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Sad that it's now almost impossible for Jake to retire the griddy.

What if he missed the penalty shot and their goalie did the griddy? I wonder if he was prepared for that. It would have been pretty epic.

Then imagine we end up winning anyway and the whole bench goes out and does the griddy.

Historic.

What am I even talking about

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sad that it's now almost impossible for Jake to retire the griddy.

What if he missed the penalty shot and their goalie did the griddy? I wonder if he was prepared for that. It would have been pretty epic.

Then imagine we end up winning anyway and the whole bench goes out and does the griddy.

Historic.

What am I even talking about
You catch the post-game? He's using a silhouette of the griddy as branding for his charitable ventures with the Boys and Girls club.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Does Plausible Keats do the playoffs? I'll have to really dig for comparatives... Could be fun.
Honestly, it'd be kinda fun to see a serialization of Plausible Keats, based on which teams we're playing. Assuming we make it, and we play the Rangers, maybe a bit of history of our playoff battles. Florida, all about the various plants and animals native to Florida that can kill you. Tampa, a rundown of record-setting storms, etc.

And if we miss, you can always stow this idea away for next year.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Great game to watch, it felt like a playoff game.
That was a huge win for Detroit coming off a long layoff and getting Chiarot and Kane back was nice too.

The cherry on top was me rubbing in Canuck fans faces and getting kicked out of the thread :laugh:
Maybe the best game of the season. It was clear the nucks didn't want to lose 3 in a row. There were goals, hits, fights, saves, intensity... everything.
And that Hughes kid is amazing. I have not seen as exciting a player as Hughes since Datsyuk. He completely controlled period 1. Larkin went after him, Pettersson after Raymond and DeBrincat fought.Yet this board is deafening quiet. I wonder if people watch hockey or just read trade idea and prospect threads.
Chiarot and specially Kane struggled, but not even close to Maatta, it seemed like he didn't play hockey in 5 years, not 10 days.

Reactions: Play and Go Wings

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Maybe the best game of the season. It was clear the nucks didn't want to lose 3 in a row. There were goals, hits, fights, saves, intensity... everything.
And that Hughes kid is amazing. I have not seen as exciting a player as Hughes since Datsyuk. He completely controlled period 1. Larkin went after him, Pettersson after Raymond and DeBrincat fought.Yet this board is deafening quiet. I wonder if people watch hockey or just read trade idea and prospect threads.
Chiarot and specially Kane struggled, but not even close to Maatta, it seemed like he didn't play hockey in 5 years, not 10 days.
I gotta say I don't watch many west coast games anymore, so I have missed watching Hughes for an entire game till yesterday. He's impressive, there's no doubt there.

Reactions: DamonDRW

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Honestly, it'd be kinda fun to see a serialization of Plausible Keats, based on which teams we're playing. Assuming we make it, and we play the Rangers, maybe a bit of history of our playoff battles. Florida, all about the various plants and animals native to Florida that can kill you. Tampa, a rundown of record-setting storms, etc.

And if we miss, you can always stow this idea away for next year.
Playoff battles of plants versus animals during stormy weather it is!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad