GDT: Game 51: New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7pm ET (Game is on TNT, Max)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning
7pm - Game 51
***Game is on TNT/Max***
IMG_5567.gif
IMG_5564.jpeg

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5561.png
Lightning Projected Line up

TBD

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

TBD

IMG_5566.gif

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_4627.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wish Trouba was in the lineup to send a message for what he did at the skills competition, he made a mockery of the game. He’ll have to answer for what he did, I wonder who will drop the gloves against him

These things just don't always happen. Kucherov would have to put himself into a vulnerable situation. I view most all of Trouba's most devastating hits the past few years as legal but they are predatory. He catches players doing things they shouldn't be doing like looking down at their feet for the puck or telegraphing a move without taking his position into account. They're read and reacts. It's not like Jacob hasn't caught some very smart players but Kucherov is very smart and it's not likely.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Hey, you guys remember, back in the day, when our power play was lethal?

Those were good times....

Reactions: will1066

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
These things just don't always happen. Kucherov would have to put himself into a vulnerable situation. I view most all of Trouba's most devastating hits the past few years as legal but they are predatory. He catches players doing things they shouldn't be doing like looking down at their feet for the puck or telegraphing a move without taking his position into account. They're read and reacts. It's not like Jacob hasn't caught some very smart players but Kucherov is very smart and it's not likely.
I don't get this....how are these hits predatory if someone is looking at their feet or admiring their passes? This is the NHL, these guys have played long enough to know to keep your head on a swivel, especially when guys like Trouba are on the ice. This sport has gone soft enough...why do we have to shame guys for throwing legal hits? It's this culture that has guys having to fight after every single legal big hit.

Reactions: Cmox

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I don't get this....how are these hits predatory if someone is looking at their feet or admiring their passes? This is the NHL, these guys have played long enough to know to keep your head on a swivel, especially when guys like Trouba are on the ice. This sport has gone soft enough...why do we have to shame guys for throwing legal hits? It's this culture that has guys having to fight after every single legal big hit.

Chris Hansen will start turning up in the stands soon. @EdJovanovski

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I didn't say they were illegal or even bad hits. Trouba does look for opposing players who aren't paying attention and he blasts them. That is predatory. Most players don't do that. FWIW I have no problem with Trouba's hitting and I don't think he's trying to really hurt someone severely but it happens. He's a throwback in a way and this was normal to the game 15/20 years ago. The main difference between him and say Scott Stevens is he doesn't pick the head like Stevens use to. In today's game Stevens though wouldn't get away with it. Trouba has to be more precise in how he hits.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What is our powerplay over the last 10 games? Really hoping they get that back on track soon.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Actually...

One of the main arguments about these hits is that players no longer know how to take a hit. Why?

Several leagues keep moving out the age when hitting is legal. For many leagues its not legal to hit until the age of 14 or so.

So when you look at 18 year old's coming into the league, for many of them, executing and receiving hits is a VERY new concept. Combine that with playing with men vs playing with boys, it's no wonder that younger players are the recipients of some brutal hits, and often make illegal hits.

It used to be that hitting was allowed from 12 years old or even earlier. Those days are long gone.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Actually...

One of the main arguments about these hits is that players no longer know how to take a hit. Why?

Several leagues keep moving out the age when hitting is legal. For many leagues its not legal to hit until the age of 14 or so.

So when you look at 18 year old's coming into the league, for many of them, executing and receiving hits is a VERY new concept. Combine that with playing with men vs playing with boys, it's no wonder that younger players are the recipients of some brutal hits, and often make illegal hits.

It used to be that hitting was allowed from 12 years old or even earlier. Those days are long gone.
Love how @EdJovanovski threw a grenade and y'all jumped on it to smother it

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Actually...

This makes perfect sense, tbh. I wasnt aware this was happening.

Also Quick is starting.

Reactions: Profet

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Getting through the first intermission last game against the Avs, never in my life have I ever seen someone shoot out of a cannon and score a goal at the start of the 2nd frame like Panarin did. It was so fast, I couldn't believe it.

Then I realized I had just woke up, I konked out somewhere during the first intermission.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lavi's comments about long term and short term plans and how plans sometimes change- translated

Original plan:

Igor has sucked this year, but we've got a nice cushion and are continuing to win. It's important to get Igor right long term for the playoffs so we'll continue to use him as our starter despite how he may look, until he rights the ship after a month or two, like he usually does.

Quick has looked great this year and we need to win as many games as possible so we'll try to get him extra starts whenever possible.

New plan:

Igor's funk has continued for 4 months and has shockingly only gotten worse. It is deflating to the team when he starts, so we're going to make it more 60/40 in favor of Quick until Igor shows he's got his mojo back or Quick starts to falter.

I still expect Igor to start 1-2 games per week depending on how busy the schedule is and if he shows improvement we'll transition him back to #1. No way are they going to ride Quick as a bona fide #1 and risk him crashing when we'd need him most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese