Leipsic - Eakin - Tuch
Lindberg - Edouard - Carrier

Engelland - Theodore
Garrison - Schmidt
Miller - Hunt

Subban

---------------------------------​

The Opponent

The Vegas Golden Knights survived one of the zaniest overtime periods in recent memory on Thursday, scoring a 3-2 win against the Winnipeg Jets at Bell MTS Place.

After losing a lead late in regulation, the Golden Knights had the puck behind their goaltender and in the blue paint twice in the extra session, but managed to sweep it away and prevent a goal both times. David Perron ended the overtime at 3:57, rifling a shot past Connor Hellebuyck for his 13th goal of the season.

One of the Golden Knights' 12 regulation losses this season came at Xcel Energy Center on Nov. 30, a game the Wild won 4-2. Minnesota scored three third-period goals to overcome a 2-1 deficit, including the final two by Eric Staal. Mikael Granlund and Jonas Brodin also had goals for the Wild, which got 29 saves from Devan Dubnyk in the win.

Vegas is led offensively by Jonathan Marchessault's 48 points. William Karlsson has 27 goals and 44 points, and Perron has 43 points.

Goaltender Malcolm Subban is the likely starter for the Golden Knights after Marc-Andre Fleury earned the win Thursday in Winnipeg. Subban is 11-2-1 with a 2.49 goals-against average and .914 save percentage.

---------------------------------​

The Wild and the Knights have both gone 6-2-2 in the last 10 and this one's at home, so hoping for a win here.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Vegas won last night in OT against the Jets, doing so broke the record for wins for an expansion team. 2nd game of a back-to-back for them tonight, and 3rd game in 4 nights (all away games). Fleury has started the last 5 games, and 9 of the last 10, for Vegas. I'm hoping Subban gets the start tonight, he hasn't played since the 19th of last month.

Haula scored his 19th goal last night, heck of a season he's having. Tuch has cooled off lately 1p in the last 10 games.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'll probably miss this one, but expecting a good game since we're at home. JEE hat trick incoming (call of the century).

Having Nino back is huge for the stretch run. Gotta win as many possible games at home right now.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
There's like a pregame party tonight in St. Paul right? I remember them talking about it on the last game's broadcast.

If it weren't so damn cold I might go down there and check it out. Haha

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
There's like a pregame party tonight in St. Paul right? I remember them talking about it on the last game's broadcast.

If it weren't so damn cold I might go down there and check it out. Haha
Where at? I might be checking out Minneapolis tonight for the SB activities... cause Friday night won't be packed at all... right?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Where at? I might be checking out Minneapolis tonight for the SB activities... cause Friday night won't be packed at all... right?
Looks like they have a heated tent set up right outside Gate 2 with drink specials, music, etc: Minnesota Wild to host pregame party Friday

On a side note, you should post in the OT thread or something what it's like downtown tonight. Some friends and I are planning on going out downtown tomorrow night, and I don't really know what to expect other than a TON of people. Lol

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Wonder if there'll be any big names at the game. At the Twolves game last night Bill Belichick, Antonio Brown, Floyd Mayweather were there, and Lil John did a halftime performance.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The NBC hockey crew was already set up in Minneapolis last night, with JR trying all the fun stuff like zip-lining across the river, getting pulled on skis by a dog, etc.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Looks like they have a heated tent set up right outside Gate 2 with drink specials, music, etc: Minnesota Wild to host pregame party Friday

On a side note, you should post in the OT thread or something what it's like downtown tonight. Some friends and I are planning on going out downtown tomorrow night, and I don't really know what to expect other than a TON of people. Lol
Thanks for the info. Yeah I'll post if I remember. We're not totally sure what the plan is yet, but I'm taking a half day so we at least get there early afternoon. I don't really know everything that'll be there either, so I guess we'll see in a little while.

Reactions: gphr513

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Love that they are including him in more and more NBC type stuff. It is crazy though how long it takes for big companies like NBC to realize what everyone else already knows (that he's one of the best). Instead they continue to put out Milbury and Roenick on the airwaves.

Hopefully it can be more of a regular thing even when Pierre comes back? Not sure how that would work since I know Ray is all TSN. Either way, it was cool the other day to hear Doc on play by play and Ray between the benches. Was like playing a game of NHL 18 :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nothing kills a Nino's Back buzz like seeing Ennis is on his line. May as well pair him with the groundhog's shadow.
Hopefully that will change halfway through the 1st period. It's not like Parise and Coyle have a history of great chemistry together, but I'll take a beat up old Parise over Ennis any day. It's like BB has Granlund on his fantasy team, and is trying to make it tough on Staal.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
NHL network sure is humping the Knights' leg a lot. Yes, they broke some records. But this isn't your average junk pile of misfits that past expansions were forced to choose from. There weren't any 'Neal's' available or teams throwing better prospects, decent blueliners, and quality 3rd liners at us in order to protect their best players. Hell, we had to share a sh*#ty draft with another freaking team too. And yeah, Haula is doing great. But that's what happens when you put a guy up in a higher slot. He wasn't going to have the chance to play that role here with the guys we had ahead of him.

And we get to go through this crap all over again with Seattle.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
NHL network sure is humping the Knights' leg a lot. Yes, they broke some records. But this isn't your average junk pile of misfits that past expansions were forced to choose from. There weren't any 'Neal's' available or teams throwing better prospects, decent blueliners, and quality 3rd liners at us in order to protect their best players. Hell, we had to share a sh*#ty draft with another freaking team too. And yeah, Haula is doing great. But that's what happens when you put a guy up in a higher slot. He wasn't going to have the chance to play that role here with the guys we had ahead of him.

And we get to go through this crap all over again with Seattle.
That's why I just roll my eyes when I hear people talking like it's so shocking that an expansion team is so good so soon. We all complained that they were giving Vegas a free ride to the playoffs when the expansion rules were announced to begin with!

I remember a poll on the main board asking which franchise would make the playoffs first... Edmonton or Vegas, and Vegas got a ton of votes! Edmonton made it under the wire with their good run in the 2nd half last year and got in, but otherwise it looks like Vegas was still the better "option" for that poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad