GDT: Game 50: Sharks vs. Kraken 7:30pm NBCSCA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don’t mind the Sharks trying Eklund at center for a game or two, but I really doubt he sticks. Not every high IQ defensively capable wing should be tried at center IMO. Much rather he just work on establishing himself as a top-6 scorer on the wing.

The faster he fails at center the quicker Quinn can justify putting him back on a line with Kunin.
I mean yes, BUT… he was drafted as a center, right? What if he plays today and really excels? I don’t hate the idea of Eklund having the puck on his stick more and him taking off at center would be valuable.

Everybody was drafted as a center.

It's like how baseball is filled with teams made up of players who were high school/college shortstops and center fielders.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jacob MacDonald: The store brand Brent Burns. But not the good store brands. The kind that you end up finding always on sale at prices that seem impossible. Like ramen packs for 15 cents or a whole box of cereal for $1.50. Then you get it and the best you can say is "well, you get what you pay for I guess."

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I kept forgetting that we have two worth-while kids on this team now, usually I zone out a little when Eklund isn’t on the ice. :laugh:

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Wasn't having Couture back in the line up supposed to help with the shot numbers? Sharks only have 3 shots in this game. It's as if Couture is still on the IL.

Having an English guy as the studio host for Kraken broadcast is a trip.

I like the Kraken crew. I've watched more of their games this year because of that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wasn't having Couture back in the line up supposed to help with the shot numbers? Sharks only have 3 shots in this game. It's as if Couture is still on the IL.

I like the Kraken crew. I've watched more of their games this year because of that.

Cooch was supposed to help spread the offence out from what it was when he was hurt. But Hertl's out now, so it's not really any different than when we had Hertl in and Couture out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad