GDT: Game 50: It's the Red Wings @ 5:00PM

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It seems like our broadcast people love certain players and do not like others.

That puck definitely tipped in off of Hague, if that happens to Hill they emphasize the tip like no tomorrow but with Thompson they are like, maybe it got tipped in but ouch.

They also really like Paul Cotter I've noticed even if he's struggling for many games the language is softening that narrative but sometimes others don't get the benefit of that with mistakes they make. Just a thing I've thought of going back to the early Fleury times.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I will say now that I'm awake, it's nice that Cotter and Barbie both scored after others got credited for "their goals" yesterday.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We are terrible with an empty net. We're just terrible whenever we have an extra skater on the ice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully Hill doesn't injure himself during this 9 day break cause i would have absolutey zero confidence that the Knights could beat the Oilers with Thompson in net. In fact, my confidence in Thompson at this point is in the negatives.

I don't really have that much confidence in beating the Oilers anyways cause of how injured our lineup is, but playing Thompson in that game would make my confidence levels hit the negative levels.

Reminds me of Lehner at this point. Makes some great saves here and there, but lets in back breaking goals. It is too bad cause i had so much faith in him at the beginning of last season. Wondering if his injury and the competition for the starters job is really getting to him mentally.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Hopefully Hill doesn't injure himself during this 9 day break cause i would have absolutey zero confidence that the Knights could beat the Oilers with Thompson in net. In fact, my confidence in Thompson at this point is in the negatives.

I don't really have that much confidence in beating the Oilers anyways cause of how injured our lineup is, but playing Thompson in that game would make my confidence levels hit the negative levels.

Reminds me of Lehner at this point. Makes some great saves here and there, but lets in back breaking goals. It is too bad cause i had so much faith in him at the beginning of last season. Wondering if his injury and the competition for the starters job is really getting to him mentally.
I think with Thompson it absolutely is mental. After Hill got hurt, and after a few games where Thompson seemed rusty, Logan really seemed to be coming around, as he stopped giving up so many soft goals. When Hill came back, he has reverted to his prior erratic form.

It seems to me that when both are healthy, Thompson has mental lapses, and now that Hill is back he has reverted that form. Since he made the All-Star team and was 3rd star of the week last week, I doubt it is that he is incapable of returning to last year's Logan. I wonder if there isn't some unconscious resentment of Hill, as Hill makes about 5 million and Thompson has another year of making some $800,000.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think with Thompson it absolutely is mental. After Hill got hurt, and after a few games where Thompson seemed rusty, Logan really seemed to be coming around, as he stopped giving up so many soft goals. When Hill came back, he has reverted to his prior erratic form.

It seems to me that when both are healthy, Thompson has mental lapses, and now that Hill is back he has reverted that form. Since he made the All-Star team and was 3rd star of the week last week, I doubt it is that he is incapable of returning to last year's Logan. I wonder if there isn't some unconscious resentment of Hill, as Hill makes about 5 million and Thompson has another year of making some $800,000.

Logan has some discontent, it was reported this offseason when there was the rumored trade request and Logan admitting in some cryptic interview about being better or something.

I think he believed he was ready to play in the playoffs or something or had a bad attitude in the playoffs.

The team loves Hill and he seems more laid back, you can absolutely see them play better in front of Hill than Logan.

I imagine a combination of his own attitude issues and being outplayed by Hill, and on the ultimate stage, and the team, organization and city loving Hill has built some lingering issues. Especially if he feels he took the 766k to help the team and Hill swoops in, takes his job and gets 4.9m the very next year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Thompson is gone after next year and talks about a breakdown of trust between all parties (him, the players and the coaches/management) affecting him during his time here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad