Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
At the end of the day, as long as the Rangers win in game 6 or game 7, all's forgiven.

It just stinks that they missed out on some valuable rest. For example, Fox has looked meh ever since the knee-on-knee collision in the Washington series. He could have likely used some rest.

And ultimately, the odds are still very much in the Rangers favor.

Last edited:

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Just for the sake of discussion, if you have played a team sport in a league. Have ever had games like this and then come back the next game and kicked butt? I am sure that we all have had this experience in our “ careers “.
Hopefully just a bump in the road

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think it comes down to the PP.

We get momentum from it. Our PP was abysmal last night along with everything else

We were disjointed. Couldn’t win any puck battles. Literally zero puck support. No forecheck beyond the first 10 minutes. Just a terrible game.

Day off will help. Still confident we win

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
At the end of the day, as long as the Rangers win in game 6 or game 7, all's forgiven.

It just stinks that they missed out on some valuable rest. For example, Fox has looked meh ever since the knee-on-knee collision in the Washington series. He could have likely used some rest.

And ultimately, the odds are still very much in the Rangers favor.

Imo they should be going with 7 d, i know it disrupts the forward lines but throwing Jones out from time to time can help spread the ice out and give him some playoff time incase we need him. He'd be useful on pp2 as well.

One positive I'm not sure anyone has noticed but Lafreniere looked as good as anyone on the ice the other night. As much as it might screw with things there might be an option to split the main guys into 3 lines to generate more offense, the top two lines got stymied and we didn't have an answer for their 3rd

Something like
Kreider Zibanejad Roslovic
Panarin Trochek Kakko
Cuylle Wennberg Lafreniere

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think it comes down to the PP.

We get momentum from it. Our PP was abysmal last night along with everything else

We were disjointed. Couldn’t win any puck battles. Literally zero puck support. No forecheck beyond the first 10 minutes. Just a terrible game.

Day off will help. Still confident we win
Game 5 of this series was by far the worst game they've played yet in the playoffs. It just seemed that they were totally off from the puck drop.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Game 5 of this series was by far the worst game they've played yet in the playoffs. It just seemed that they were totally off from the puck drop.
IMO they didn’t play their game. They tried to play safe and be different. Can’t think on how to play safe and defend. It was unnatural which leads to a slow and reactive look. Survival gallant hockey ain’t it

I have no problem tbh playing an open game with Carolina. We have more talent and a much better goaltender. Just attack

It's been creeping up on me all day.
This is going to a game 7.
We end it in Carolina

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Okay you are now the coach. How do you make sure the team is as mentally strong as you think they should be? There are a lot of good coaches in the Hall Of Fame that have been swept. Nobody has been swept after winning 3 games but plenty after winning the first 2 games.

If I knew that I'd be a lot richer than I am.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I don't know.
Just listened to the new Up in the Blueseats, not an uplifting episode LOL. I think the three of them were stilll stunned from last might.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
IMO they didn’t play their game. They tried to play safe and be different. Can’t think on how to play safe and defend. It was unnatural which leads to a slow and reactive look. Survival gallant hockey ain’t it

I have no problem tbh playing an open game with Carolina. We have more talent and a much better goaltender. Just attack

We end it in Carolina
Last night's game definitely reminded me of Gallant type hockey. It's like they were playing scared and safe.

#SafeIsDeath

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Okay you are now the coach. How do you make sure the team is as mentally strong as you think they should be? There are a lot of good coaches in the Hall Of Fame that have been swept. Nobody has been swept after winning 3 games but plenty after winning the first 2 games.
Kings over Sharks on their way to the Cup in 2012. Flyers over Bruins back in 2010.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Not sure if already mentioned but why is our PP2 being used more than usual?

I get that PP1 isn't doing well but this is still one of the best PP in the league and would think they can figure it out with more time.

It's as if the team forgot how to skate with the puck. Everyone is so quick to pass. Laffy tried to will it into the o zone on his own near the end bit it was too little too late.

Panarin is the key and has to lead by example. I don't know what is going on with him but starting in game 4 it's as if he forgot that he's one of the best puck handling players in the league. He can draw attention and open others up or create space on his own but it's as if he (and others) were constantly waiting for someone else to do something.

I don't know if Lav wanted the team to play a more passive game but whatever it was, it didn't work.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
This intermission report about FL sounds exactly like the post game report about the Rangers last game,

Maybe it's not just us.

Edit. NM. Completely different look in 2nd.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Not sure if already mentioned but why is our PP2 being used more than usual?

I get that PP1 isn't doing well but this is still one of the best PP in the league and would think they can figure it out with more time.

It's as if the team forgot how to skate with the puck. Everyone is so quick to pass. Laffy tried to will it into the o zone on his own near the end bit it was too little too late.

Panarin is the key and has to lead by example. I don't know what is going on with him but starting in game 4 it's as if he forgot that he's one of the best puck handling players in the league. He can draw attention and open others up or create space on his own but it's as if he (and others) were constantly waiting for someone else to do something.

I don't know if Lav wanted the team to play a more passive game but whatever it was, it didn't work.
did you not see what the 1st unit looked like?

I'd love to see Zac Jones get in for Gus...

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Brindamour said in his presser after the G3 loss that there were "two games going on right now... and we're losing one badly"

The Canes are a liability on their own powerplay.... so from calling 6-8 penalties a side in games 1-3...
they've called 3/3 for both games 4 and 5...

Conveniently... Canes have new "life" and are back in it...

Now i haven't seen anything too egregious in these past games.. but i have seen stuff being "missed" that wasn't in the prior games...

Like the canes too many men penalty that was... "missed" (why wasn't that challenged by the rangers?)

Is someone crying again?

Rangers have to play hard, and give these officials no other choice but to call penalties when its obvious.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
We had too many failed clearing attempts at our blueline, plus way too many picked off passes in the neutral zone. It all screams "lazy".
I think also was the lack of face off wins in the third period. To much defending

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brindamour said in his presser after the G3 loss that there were "two games going on right now... and we're losing one badly"

The Canes are a liability on their own powerplay.... so from calling 6-8 penalties a side in games 1-3...

Now i haven't seen anything too egregious in these past games.. but i have seen stuff being "missed" that wasn't in the prior games...

Like the canes too many men penalty that was... "missed" (why wasn't that challenged by the rangers?)

Is someone crying again?

Rangers have to play hard, and give these officials no other choice but to call penalties when its obvious.
And dive more.

Dignity is for p***yes.

We might win last night if Panarin goes down like he got shot.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL

Is someone crying again?

100% agree I said the same thing

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Im tryin to go cold turkey and i cant do it. Im turning on bos vs fla.
So don't. If you enjoy it, go for it.

Personally, my consumption of hockey outside of the Rangers is on life support and the machine is beeping funny.

I don't like anyone.

I used to root for underdogs. Now? f*** em. When do I get the Cup I'm waiting for? If I burn, everyone burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad