Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Whether you go WWWLL or LLWWW or WLWLW or some other combination, the trailing team still faces the tougher task of having to win game 6 and a game 7 on the road. It's better to be up 3-2 than down. The Rangers didn't all of a sudden become a bad team because they lost two in a row. These are two very good teams and the fact that the Rangers even held a 3-0 lead is more of a fluke than anything else (won by smallest margin). No one predicted NYR taking such a commanding lead. After 5 games the series is closer to what most fans predicted it would be, the only difference is the Rangers are leading and not Carolina. If they can win a fourth game expect it to be a super close one just like the other three and even harder to win in light of adjustments made by Carolina and the fact that the Hurricanes literally can't afford to lose so they're going to throw everything at the Rangers.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
We knocked these guys out in 2022 on the road. I expect the same this year.
This is a really great hockey team and we have a great blend of veterans and youth. Seeing them choke a 3-0 series lead would genuinely shock me. We are going to have an extra day to look at the tape and counter adjust to whatever Carolina has done and take it from there.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Up 3-0 and then fart around for two games letting then back in. There's reason to be concerned. That doesn't make someone negative. It's reality. They blew 2-0 leads 2 years in a row and are dangerously close to blowing a 3-0 lead.
I'd call it dangerously close if they blow game 6. They have to win 1 out of 2 games right now, which they most certainly will.

We knocked these guys out in 2022 on the road. I expect the same this year.
This is a really great hockey team and we have a great blend of veterans and youth. Seeing them choke a 3-0 series lead would genuinely shock me. We are going to have an extra day to look at the tape and counter adjust to whatever Carolina has done and take it from there.
They need to figure out why Vinny's faceoff % dropped off so significantly!

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
We're all lamenting and hearing the lamentations of others. My wife is singing the Kars 4 Kids jingle behind me.
That seems like it might be purposeful. It's a power move by her to roll that out at a time you're emotionally vulnerable.

Reactions: will1066

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
At this point it all just seems so ridiculous speculating about the team on here, at least in regards to this series.

They could play two bad games and lose the series.
They could also play two bad games and still win the series.
Meanwhile,
They could play two good games and win the series.
But they could also play two good games and still lose the series.

So I’ll just watch cynically and see what the universe has in store for me this time.

Reactions: AirGut

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
That seems like it might be purposeful. It's a power move by her to roll that out at a time you're emotionally vulnerable.

Absolutely. It's leverage.

She's done with the jardiance jingle?

She's forgotten it, but adds that she remembers it was from a commercial. Now she's trying to sing the jingle on memory but it's nowhere near correct and it's something completely made-up sounding.

Edit: She just did Skyrizi. Now, in a move that is simutaneously helpful (because I'm a good husband) and destroys me at the same time, I will call it up on Youtube for her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Filip Chytil

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The Vegas team that blew the 3-0 third period lead to SJ (with a 5 min major PP for SJ don't forget) didn't have some major contributors to when they won the cup.
Yeah that team only went to the Cup Final the year before. Missing too many alpha players.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't care if you think they suck. They probably do suck.

I suck too. What am I good at? Posting on HF. And there's still four people ahead of me.

My whole thing is, as soon as things get tough, this board always defaults to questioning their mentality and desire. Which is objectively stupid because it ignores the wins. Like, Carolina is down in this series. By the same logic, aren't they soft and lazy for letting that happen?

Every fanbase does this to an extent, but this board really does it, and I don't understand it. It's a weird thing to be obsessed with.

It's just a game, at the end of the day. It has nothing to do with their fortitude, or much less your's, since people seem to take this so personally.

It's not about negativity. It's about the personal attacks get thrown at the team after every loss.

I really don't think a lot of you understand what it takes to play ten levels below the NHL, let alone in the NHL.

Aside from maybe a couple of weeks off in the summer, these guys do nothing but hockey every single day.

People talk shit about them being millionaires, and yeah, maybe it's a bit much, but part of it is because it's such a challenging job. You clock in at 14 and if you're lucky enough, you clock out at 38. It's a 20+ year shift.

I don't question fandom. I believe that every single one of us wants it just as much, but believe me, the team is right there.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Absolutely. It's leverage.

She's forgotten it, but adds that she remembers it was from a commercial. Now she's trying to sing the jingle on memory but it's nowhere near correct and it's something completely made-up sounding.

Edit: She just did Skyrizi. Now, in a move that is simutaneously helpful (because I'm a good husband) and destroys me at the same time, I will call it up on Youtube for her.

This is definitely better than what a pro wants:

• Love
Reactions: will1066

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

I suck too. What am I good at? Posting on HF. And there's still four people ahead of me.

My whole thing is, as soon as things get tough, this board always defaults to questioning their mentality and desire. Which is objectively stupid because it ignores the wins. Like, Carolina is down in this series. By the same logic, aren't they soft and lazy for letting that happen?

Every fanbase does this to an extent, but this board really does it, and I don't understand it. It's a weird thing to be obsessed with.

It's just a game, at the end of the day. It has nothing to do with their fortitude, or much less your's, since people seem to take this so personally.

It's not about negativity. It's about the personal attacks get thrown at the team after every loss.

I really don't think a lot of you understand what it takes to play ten levels below the NHL, let alone in the NHL.

Aside from maybe a couple of weeks off in the summer, these guys do nothing but hockey every single day.

People talk shit about them being millionaires, and yeah, maybe it's a bit much, but part of it is because it's such a challenging job. You clock in at 14 and if you're lucky enough, you clock out at 38. It's a 20+ year shift.

I don't question fandom. I believe that every single one of us wants it just as much, but believe me, the team is right there.
nobody questioned their mentality after game 4. They lost in a way that hockey teams lose when they play an evenly matched opponent in the playoffs. No one felt entitled to a 4 game sweep.

the way they played in game 5 was so bad, so lifeless, thats where the questions come from. And it does't help that it looks eerily similar to how they played against New Jersey in games 5 and 7 last year.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

I think it's ok to question some issues when the lone goal was from Trouba & SH at that.

I think it's also OK to question what their mindset or gas tanks (they've played less games than any other team in the POs) were in that 3rd period because that was hideous.

I think we all know the effort they put in. So does every other team / player. The point is to dig down & find something & in this case they didn't come close to what their opponents found.

We'll see what they have Thurs.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
At this point it all just seems so ridiculous speculating about the team on here, at least in regards to this series.

They could play two bad games and lose the series.
They could also play two bad games and still win the series.
Meanwhile,
They could play two good games and win the series.
But they could also play two good games and still lose the series.

So I’ll just watch cynically and see what the universe has in store for me this time.

How about we play one game and win, I don't give a f*** if they play well or not

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I guess breaking your stick over someone's back or PKing w/ 5 guys is ticky tacky, but god forbid Rempe come within a few inches of Anderson. Refs act as if he's McSorley, Bertuzzi, Simon, and Cooke all rolled into one. Not attacking your take at all as I agree with most of it, just feel like the refs have been letting Carolina get away with more than the ticky tacky stuff.
Yeah, there were 3 egregious missed calls I saw - the Goodrow tackle in front, the Burns cross check to the back of Mika, and the Panarin hold behind the net. I couldn't really see the too many men one but the announcers commented on it so I'll take their word for it. In the end, you have to fight through that stuff. Hopefully in Game 6 the refs don't swallow their whistles.

Reactions: Graves97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad