Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Boys, I need everyone to stay calm. there's a reason 98% of teams win the series up 3-0. we're not losing 4 straight sorry not sorry. we can lose 1-2 shit maybe 3. but were not losing 4.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
View attachment 870339
Everyone happy they can justify their pessimism now? First truly bad loss of the playoffs against a genuinely good team playing for their lives. Yes, mildly concerning, but there isn’t a team remaining who hadn’t already had this game in these playoffs and we seem to be one of the only fan bases around that thinks 7-2 or a single set of back to back losses in the post season is the end of the road. Not a lot Stanley cup champs who didn’t have some type of challenge or adversity along the way.

I was told by someone that Carolina is the worst team remaining.

I'm annoyed with this effort. I'm annoyed with how our best players played tonight.

I'm not overly concerned about this series. I get if other people are (it was silly after the other game, it's fair now) but I've watched too much playoff hockey over the years to get that bent out of shape for this.

I'll worry if they blow it. Until then, they remain in the drivers seat.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was our top guys who got us the lead to begin with. Don't understand that take at all.

Our top 4 forwards have a big game left in them.

We adjusted and overcorrected. We got too passive.

The two days off are going to be a big help.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Carolina does not instill fear into anyone. they have little sneaky pesty players that spam shots non stop. their load is shot and I'll be surprised to see them come back to MSG for 7 honestly. they have NO room for error. NONE. Panarin and Trocheck are gonna dominate them in Raleigh.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think everyone is overlooking the egregious game management tonight from the refs.

Carolina was going to get away with everything short of murder.

The Rangers were going to get called for anything close.

I have no doubt that led to the playing soft.
We didn't play well enough to win, so I don't want to blame the refs, buuuuttttt, the Game / Series Management is absolutely killing my interest in this sport. I have no idea how or why anyone would gamble on this shit when it's clearly being manipulated by the league.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Not to be overly dramatic but that has to be one of the most discouraging periods I’ve ever seen.

Seriously, Carolina flipped a switch and exploited everything. We looked slow, sloppy ALL night and were incapable of generating anything. Pp was brutal. We look super tired despite playing the fewest games so far. Everyone was moving in slow motion all night.

Extremely discouraging situation right now and going back to Carolina it feels like they have complete control of the series.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Problem is this may give Carolina some confidence. The past two games, especially the first two periods tonight, they deferred on so many scoring chances. Wide open lane to the net, peeled back to the point for a weak shot. Or wide open shot and tried to pass. It looked like old Rangers teams out there. If this gives them a boost and they become more aggressive then we're going to need to put up 5 next game.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I think everyone is overlooking the egregious game management tonight from the refs.

Carolina was going to get away with everything short of murder.

The Rangers were going to get called for anything close.

I have no doubt that led to the playing soft.

I think this is true to a large extent. It's no reason for the players to turtle, but the refs were more than brutal tonight. Very corrupt tbh.

Reactions: NCRanger

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
on a certain level you gotta respect the level of commitment to refusing nice things...misery is their safe space

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Doesn’t anyone on here realize we scored 1 goal all game?
and it was a goal that Shesty stopped about 5 or 6 times tonight in the first alone. They didn't challenge Andersen at all. They really should have been shut out.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The 2023 Miami Heat blew a 3-0 lead, lost games 4 and 6 at home, lost game 6 on a buzzer beater, and then beat the absolute FUUUUUUUCCCCK out of the Celtics in game 7 in Boston.

And that's basketball where momentum and home court are real.

We're up 3-2 in a series. That's what happened.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
the most frustrating thing about this is how badly we lost. we played significantly worse than last game. last game we played well enough to win but didn’t, this game we played horribly and carolina scored on their chances. it just isn’t good enough. the fact we’re playing worse and worse is a bad sign.

extra day off might help, but this was an incredibly lackluster performance. they cannot play this badly next game.

Reactions: CLW and bl02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That was an extremely disappointing effort and result. I had no problem with game 4 as they generated chances and easily could have won. I don't even know what to think after this one. They had nothing and Carolina dictated the play basically the entire game. That was total trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad