Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've become really concerned that we can't keep this team off the board. We're gonna need a shutdown performance to close this out. It looked like we were doing it and then we just had a meltdown.

Beyond that, I would have taken 3-2 lead after 5. It's not like we dominated and then fell apart. The first four were coin flips, so it doesn't seem to be of any use getting upset over the order.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I really doubt at this point that I will ever see the Rangers win a stanley cup in my lifetime. If they dont do it this year I am not gonna care anymore. Seriously. What a waste of f***ing time every year. These millionaires boys club have it better than any players in the entire league and they do not hustle or work the way a team from NY should. Get buy on skill and the PP. They are essentially the Maple Leafs with a good goalie. I am so disgusted right now. And win or lose I do not want to see Mika Zibanejad on this team again after this year.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
giphy.gif

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Usually a loss, even in the playoffs, has me shaking my head or concerned or thinking "meh, no big deal, it was bad luck". This one, perhaps for the first time ever, made me actually angry.

DO. YOUR JOBS. YOU PLAY A GAME FOR A LIVING. PEOPLE PAY A TON OF MONEY TO WATCH YOU WORK. SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

Edit: Now I see why the bookies and Vegas initially gave the series to Carolina.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Panarin really gave a great effort tonight...especially backchecking on the Kuznetzov goal.He's really stepped up these past 2 games

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We were keeping them off the board and then started turtling. In fact we played the whole game looking to win by a slim margin, lucky goal type scenario.

Don't blame the refs.

Team needs to wake up. Carolina outclasses them 5v5, they outclass the league 5v5. But you can't play into their hands by sitting back and playing defense. Carolina will spend the entire day in your zone and look what happens.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Horrific, probably one of the worst closeout games I've ever watched. I hope they did decide to take a few games off as a reward for going up 3-0 because the idea that they are actually this dogshit is frightening. That wasn't even peewee level hockey for 80% of that game. The passing and breakouts were complete trash holy f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad