GDT: Game 5: Wild @ Stars *Looking For The 3-Count* - 7:00pm on BSN, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnGump

Apr 25, 2023
I'm 100% not making excuses for him but rather repeating what Russo said 3 weeks ago and it's happening exactly as he predicted it would.

Also keep in mind that in the regular season, Kaprizov played one game, had 2-3 days off, played in another, and had 3 days off after meaningless games.
I was calling out Russo, not you…lol. other than his offensive output, I just don’t think his physical play has looked impeded by any kind of injury.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How can you say there isn’t a curse. The twins had a 1 in 330,000 chance of losing as many post season games in a row as they have. The wild have put on a display of post season ineptitude only rivaled by the leafs. The wolves , I mean …..do I need to go on?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I need Foligno in the press box Friday in the worst way
He needs to be. Listen, it doesn't matter if the penalties were legit or not. It is what it is. Dallas got under Foligno's skin. The refs have gotten under his skin. He spoke out after the last game, and he'll probably do the same tonight. He has a spotlight on him, and he keeps yapping. If the Wild want to do anything, they HAVE to hit the reset button and forget about acting the damn tough guy. I can tell ya right now, if Foligno plays the next game, he'll once again be easily baited into something stupid, and that very short leash from the refs will put us behind again.

Is it fair? No. But this is where we're at.

Reactions: Sweetnut and AKL

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
He needs to be. Listen, it doesn't matter if the penalties were legit or not. It is what it is. Dallas got under Foligno's skin. The refs have gotten under his skin. He spoke out after the last game, and he'll probably do the same tonight. He has a spotlight on him, and he keeps yapping. If the Wild want to do anything, they HAVE to hit the reset button and forget about acting the damn tough guy. I can tell ya right now, if Foligno plays the next game, he'll once again be easily baited into something stupid, and that very short leash from the refs will put us behind again.
100%. Even taking the playoff games off the board the dude has been plain terrible this entire season.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The best thing that this series could bring us is Zucc , Foligno and Fluery being gone next year. High marks for moving on from Goligoski , Middleton and Merril

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019

Is it fair? No. But this is where we're at.
I basically said that last game…..”He ain’t done taking penalties and it will be at the worst time”

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Full blown Minnesota lol , just the best possible Minnesota they could have pulled

MnGump

Apr 25, 2023
Deano has to start taking some chance and give up this defensive Posture. Might have to risk poss odd man rushes in order to get some pucks past ottenger, because time is running out and they can’t seem to break through with the status quo…

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Dean's plan- "Let's out hit them, and be tougher!"

Deboer's plan - "Let's outscore them, and win the series!"
Deboer didn't exactly bathe himself in glory with some pretty stacked sharks teams. He got fired from SJ and Vegas for a reason.

We're going to be down 3-2 as the lower seed. And if the roster is as bad as some people here are saying it is, Dallas beating us in 6 or 7 isn't that impressive a feat.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
these guys arent even skating like they mean it. theyve looked defeated since the 1st
They know the series is over. Dean isn't even trying to help them change things.
I know the players are falling to execute, but if the coach thinks "it's what we've done all season" and it isn't working, they can see that writing on the wall.

It's another reason why a coach has to be willing to change things beyond the norm.

The playoffs are not the regular season, stop treating it like it is.

Reactions: Sweetnut

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Full blown Minnesota lol , just the best possible Minnesota they could have pulled
It's just remarkable.

Everything is white hot right until the final week of the season and everything goes ice cold. And to top it off, we lost an extremely crucial player just days before the playoffs.

You really can't make it up.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It's just remarkable.

Everything is white hot right until the final week of the season and everything goes ice cold. And to top it off, we lost an extremely crucial player just days before the playoffs.

You really can't make it up.
I was screaming about backing into the playoffs for the 100th year in a row and all the idiotic excuses about resting players and trying not to get hurt blah blah blah. I was assured it was a sound strategy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They know the series is over. Dean isn't even trying to help them change things.
I know the players are falling to execute, but if the coach thinks "it's what we've done all season" and it isn't working, they can see that writing on the wall.

It's another reason why a coach has to be willing to change things beyond the norm.

The playoffs are not the regular season, stop treating it like it is.
He likes them to work through it. Problem is we only get so many games to do it in the postseason.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia