PGT: Game 5: Russia 4 - Denmark 0

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The best Russian D men have developed in the CHL in recent years.

Sergachev and Provorov are by far the best young Russian D men.

It's a question about Sergachev. I'd say Gavrikov is way better. Of course, Gavrikov is 3 years older, but he looked as a better defenseman at 20 as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know right, they missed a Russian too many men penalty there.
Oh they missed a high stick by the Danes(can't put the Russians on the 5 on 3 PP, right? Not in the contract), let the Danes embelish successfully all game except for one time and made the literally worst call I've whitnessed in a decade. That boarding call would be awful enough as a 2 minutes penalty, because it was the most clean hit in hockey, but they managed to make it a 2+10 for what exactly?

They missed a too many men against Russia once? Look up the PIMs for the game. It's exceptionally funny. I mean it's a more or less meaningless game and I was worried more about Danes targeting Kravtsov than all those calls, but this was just abysmal reffing.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You guys are lucky to have him he’s looking like a good draft pick.

We will see. He was a really off the wall draft pick in the 2nd round this year. Like really really off the wall.

They must have loved something about him in order to secure a guy like that early in 2nd round, and take no chances.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You guys are lucky to have him he’s looking like a good draft pick.
he's tracking well and we sure could use all the help we can get.

question is............................how long do we have to wait for this guy if he turns into a real pro player? Could be years.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
he's tracking well and we sure could use all the help we can get.

question is............................how long do we have to wait for this guy if he turns into a real pro player? Could be years.

Most D men take several years before they’re NHL ready.

Most high end forwards can step in relatively quickly at the NHL but playing D in the NHL is very difficult and they take years to develop.

As you know, you shouldn’t even really judge a D man until they have 300 NHL games played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad