GDT: Game 5 | Pens @ TBL 7:30PM EST| Being there ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It all comes down to puck retrieval for me more than anything else. I love Sid, Geno, and Phil but their puck pursuit is just not consistently there on the PP unless it's a desperation situation (eg, the playoffs).

Second biggest issue is the over passing. When you combine the two, it gets ugly quick.

I'd say the overpassing is the worst, then the love of standing still, then the puck retrieval and then the struggle to enter the zone. It's a lot of problems.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, you're on our side now?

I thought you weren't going to complain this year and we just were playing with house money?
Woah woah woah woah woah... don't you dare. :laugh: Go look at the Reaves trade thread. I irrationally went off because I want skill/speed over big and worthless.

I just don't live and die by that argument all summer.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's like this team forgot what puck support looks like.

You know, you're right in terms of what you're seeing. But, yesterday was a rivalry game. Tonight, they're a step slow with everything against a rested Tampa team. Maybe we need to stop acting like it's game 2 of the ECF and recognize that this team has some obvious holes that JR will address (or atleast for now he deserves the benefit of the doubt there) and when the big guns need to step up for the most emotional games (playoffs but also Nashville after that Chicago debacle and then Washington), they step up. Yeah, we worry, because it's HFBoards. But, push comes to shove, I'm not worried.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Woah woah woah woah woah... don't you dare. :laugh: Go look at the Reaves trade thread. I irrationally went off because I want skill/speed over big and worthless.

I just don't live and die by that argument all summer.

Put another way . . . :banghead:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Niemi was an adequate NHL goalie until he went to Dallas where he suddenly morphed into an utter sieve.

By the way, is there a team worse at back to backs than us? We always look so lifeless in them. Crosby especially looks like he has zero jump tonight.

???

San Jose should have had at least one more Cup appearance. He was just adequate with Chicago, and the rest of his career has been a flopping, swimming mess.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Why won't Phil play a board game with Geno? That's twice already that he's made a strong play on the boards on L3.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad