GDT: Game 5 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It isn't over. Win game 6 and we've already got the job done twice in Game 7.

My problem tonight is the hypocrisy in leaving Allen in for the start of the third period. This isn't the regular season, every game is huge, and Allen has done nothing to get that kind of leash. Elliott was dropped, not just pulled, after a game 3 performance that was no worse than Allen in the first 2 periods.

The only way we're winning this series is on Elliott's back.

Exactly. This franchise's love-affair and ridiculous double-standards for Jake Allen is appalling. Hitchcock let his team down by sticking with a guy who clearly wasn't on his game. Everyone here saw it. Everyone at the Scott saw it...yet Captain Kangaroo just let the game ride, and fall by the wayside. Shameful decision-making on his part. And unforgivable if the Blues lose this series.

That said...this series isn't over. Blues are nothing if not resilient.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Interested to see what hitch has to say in his presser. How's he gonna spin the **** 3rd period on home ice with a chance to get the lead in the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Exactly. This franchise's love-affair and ridiculous double-standards for Jake Allen is appalling. Hitchcock let his team down by sticking with a guy who clearly wasn't on his game. Everyone here saw it. Everyone at the Scott saw it...yet Captain Kangaroo just let the game ride, and fall by the wayside. Shameful decision-making on his part. And unforgivable if the Blues lose this series.

That said...this series isn't over. Blues are nothing if not resilient.

But, but, but, Allen

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just give Elliott a chance somewhere else. This franchise doesn't deserve him.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The series isn't over, but man, do we look like a defeated team. People blame Allen, but Jbo should get some blame for the icing on the go-ahead goal, and Tarasenko's disappearing act didn't help as well.

Hope San Jose is happy, they *****ed about the calls and got what they wanted. :facepalm:

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
yeah, pretty deflating loss tbh, lots of things went wrong again, in the end if they were better on the PK (cover the slot boys) it's a win.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well..if have ever needed Troy "I love game 7s" Brouwer...it'll be Wendsday.

I'm not ready to say it other, but I will say this. Tarasenko has been borderline useless. If he's hurt, he needs to just be scratched. Throw Reaves or Rattie in there. Rattie rose to the occasion when he was called upon ever time in the regular season.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Can't blame Hitch for this loss. It's the right call to stick with Allen after a win. Elliott will be in net next game.

The question is will Tarasenko make the flight?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Well..if we've ever needed Troy "I love game 7s" Brouwer...it'll be Wendsday.

I'm not ready to say it other, but I will say this. Tarasenko has been borderline useless. If he's hurt, he needs to just be scratched. Throw Reaves or Rattie in there. Rattie rose to the occasion when he was called upon ever time in the regular season.

if upshall can go, scratching him is not out of the question.

he just had a baby, im starting to think he just wants to go on a vacation already. hes playing the worst hockey of his career.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Paging Vladimir, Vladimir Tarasenko. Please make an appearance in this series.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Elliott should've been put in net after the 4th goal in the third, I was shocked it didn't happen. This loss isn't all on Allen though where the hell was this team's sense of urgency tonight? Also this team for whatever reason this playoffs plays great when their backs are against the wall, so I still have some hope they can win game 6.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'm really pissed about all of the penalties that aren't called on San Jose. It seems like NBC takes pleasure in showing San Jose committing penalties in replays, talking about how they are penalties that weren't called, then talking about how the Blues need to quit committing penalties.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Silver linings: the series isn't over yet, and their goalie is Martin Jones. We HAVE to get to him any way we can.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
PHP:
Can't blame Hitch for this loss. It's the right call to stick with Allen after a win. Elliott will be in net next game.
Give him the start? Fine.
But don't let a leaky goalie sink the whole ship when there's a capable lifeboat just waiting to be used. Hitch deserves the blame for this loss as much as anyone.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

The question is will Tarasenko make the flight?

How was it the right call to stick with Jake?

Elliott lets in 3 goals, benched. Allen lets in 3 goals, gets the next start. Let's in 4 more(including two back-breaking softies) and he's allowed to finish the game. It was never the right call. This isn't some 20/20 hindsight garbage. It wasn't the right call in game 4, and after his performance, especially in the third period, of game 4, it DEFINITELY wasn't the right call for game 5.

What has Allen EVER proven in his entire existence as a goaltender to show that he's ready for a start in the WCF? Horrific under pressure in juniors, horrific under pressure in AHL, horrific under pressure in the NHL. It's who he is, plain and simple. His best save percentage in the playoffs dating all the way back to his junior career is .904 last year against a painfully mediocre Wild team.

Thankfully the Blues have a chance to have him taken off their hands next summer. Someone else will fall for the "promise" of Jake Allen(of which he's done absolutely nothing to merit such praise).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
if upshall can go, scratching him is not out of the question.

he just had a baby, im starting to think he just wants to go on a vacation already. hes playing the worst hockey of his career.

If that's the case. Then I wouldn't hesitate to listen to a trade. This team may never make it this far again for a decade. Unless a family member is on the death bed. Nothing else should matter for these guys (within reason...)

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Allen, falling apart in the WCF? Who could have predicted such a thing, oh right anyone with a ****ing google search of his career record.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
How was it the right call to stick with Jake?

Elliott lets in 3 goals, benched. Allen lets in 3 goals, gets the next start. Let's in 4 more(including two back-breaking softies) and he's allowed to finish the game. It was never the right call. This isn't some 20/20 hindsight garbage. It wasn't the right call in game 4, and after his performance, especially in the third period, of game 4, it DEFINITELY wasn't the right call for game 5.

What has Allen EVER proven in his entire existence as a goaltender to show that he's ready for a start in the WCF? Horrific under pressure in juniors, horrific under pressure in AHL, horrific under pressure in the NHL. It's who he is, plain and simple. His best save percentage in the playoffs dating all the way back to his junior career is .904 last year against a painfully mediocre Wild team.

Thankfully the Blues have a chance to have him taken off their hands next summer. Someone else will fall for the "promise" of Jake Allen(of which he's done absolutely nothing to merit such praise).

Allen has better skill with the puck? :dunno:

But seriously, this post is spot on. Allen has had opportunity after opportunity and has always missed the mark by a long shot. Hell, he was blowing playoff games in the minors.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Should have pulled Allen after the third goal.
literally everyone called for Elliott to start the third. Heck, a lot of people wanted him pulled after he second goal he allowed. Unfathomable and unjustifiable decision on Hitchcock's part to let Allen be the deciding factor in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad