GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
This pp is gonna be the reason we lose the series

we should have 2-3 more goals and that alone changes the entirety of the series depending on when they go in

40m for 1 pp goal…
Its been terrible. Can we please stop with the skating up to center and dropping it back to our blueline. It doestnt throw off their defense and we dont have the forward to fly into their zone with it. We get to the blueline and then cough it up

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
A lot of shots but not many great chances. The Bruins lone chance was way better than any of ours

Gotta keep throwing pucks on net.

- Bruise the bruins
- Get Swayman tired
- And we may even get a bounce here or there and the puck may go in

Can't be looking for pretty plays. Margin of error to little especially down 1-3. We got 3 more games to win ;)

:yo:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Keefe is too wedded to the PP lineup he's basically been using without adjustments for three years running. It's not balanced and it's been a long, long time since it's worked really well, but he pretty much refuses to change it (yeah, no Matthews means they had to make an adjustment, but the adjustment is simply sticking Domi in Matthews' spot like the PP was working and they just need a quick swap).
He should run two units like boston

For now have Marner-Tavares-Liljegren and Nylander-Bertuzzi-Rielly as the pieces of the two. Fill domi, Robertson, knies, and jarnkrok in wherever you see fit

This right here just isn’t working

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Tavares = PP2.

It’s been discussed for months now.
Yes, because Bertuzzi is a million times better at the role Keefe asks Tavares to play on PP1. This was obvious for the whole month Keefe was forced to make some adjustments due to injuries.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Its been terrible. Can we please stop with the skating up to center and dropping it back to our blueline. It doestnt throw off their defense and we dont have the forward to fly into their zone with it. We get to the blueline and then cough it up

This x 1000.. been saying it for months.. years maybe?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
There is no such thing as luck, merely opportunity meeting preparedness.
I'd agree with that if I didn't spend an entire series watching Boston score goals without really having to do much of anything... That Frederic goal? That's the definition of lucky goal.

Reactions: torontoblood

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Honestly I think it does the opposite of throwing their defence off

There’s no way we 100% willingly go towards tavares’s side everytime even though he handles the puck like an ahler on the half wall. Boston probably pushes us that way knowing they can recover the puck at a higher rate

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
That apparently is Guy Boucher's addition to our PP plan...

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly I think it does the opposite of throwing their defence off

There’s no way we 100% willingly go towards tavares’s side everytime even though he handles the puck like an ahler on the half wall. Boston probably pushes us that way knowing they can recover the puck at a higher rate
Oh, they absolutely do. Only an idiot wouldn't realize by now that the easiest way to shut down the PP is to force the puck to Tavares.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Boston is playing their game. Clogging the front of the net, blocking everything and anything. Leafs have nothing from the point. No 2nd chances and a lot of it from the outside. It's going to take a lot of good shots and 2nd efforts to score. All Boston needs is a couple looks, we need a barrage of shots to hope.

thats why I want our points to just slap the F outta the puck. Force them to block the shots. Lets see how "brave" they really are. And give them some bruises

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It works for some teams but definitely not us.

Every single team does this. I read this all the time that they should stop but it's clearly the thing to do.

It backs off the neutral zone forwards enough so that the player that receives the drop pass can enter the zone with speed, or make a play.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Strangle

May 4, 2009
My middle daughter is layering 3 different leafs jerseys for the game tonight

Trying everything she possibly can think of to will the leafs to victory. She’s 8, and came up with this on her own

I wish I thought of that last game

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
It works for some teams but definitely not us.
They execute it like garbage, the initial guy is no threat to skate it in, too slow, the passbacks are almost always off target which slows it down again.... people need to be fired for this farce.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We scoring 3 goals this period.
F U haters

If you don't believe, you don't have to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad