GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Great period.
We play such good hockey when we're missing a top player.
It's almost like the group knows they're shorthanded and need to play hard and outwork the opponent.
At full strength too often it feels like they group expects to win just by outskilling the other team.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Not really. We have sucked pretty bad and have no special teams. Hard to believe its just Swayman
But he saves shots that come at him or around his net. Samsonov does not, which is bad because well, he's a goalie.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I feel like they don't practice one timers at all. It's crazy how they always have a huge issue with that skill outside of Matthews and Nylander.
Everyone practices onetimers. Some are just weaker (Marner) and other whiffs were just poorly executed shots on the rush

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Two shots on goal and were tied 2-1. Are we cursed? Can anyone score on this team? Can our goalie make a ducking big save? Too much to ask I guess.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Classic Leafs, dominate the game and get scored on shortly after :biglaugh: this team is cooked
It’s so hard for the leafs to score goals. It seems like the bruins always score when they want it and when they need it. It comes so easy for them and they have much less talent on offense than the leafs. It’s so frustrating to watch this process unfold over again.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
One of the underrated things I dislike about this group/coaches is the galaxy-brained face-off plays that look like an NBA offensive possession.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Great period for McCabe overall. Goal aside he really did a ton to settle things and make key plays like breaking up that last second rush

I think Boston is playing their game. Clogging the front of the net, blocking everything and anything. Leafs have nothing from the point. No 2nd chances and a lot of it from the outside. It's going to take a lot of good shots and 2nd efforts to score. All Boston needs is a couple looks, we need a barrage of shots to hope.

Reactions: torontoblood

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's crazy how upset everyone is when they played an almost perfect period, controlled play the entire time, and a lucky bounce is what cost them a goal.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad