GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
people are letting their frustration get the best of them in regards to players not being able to play. i get it, they have sucked as a whole. but, if ANY player on this team or any team in the NHL are in the playoffs and able to play they are playing no exceptions. something is clearly wrong.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
if Matthews has anything short of a career threatening injury, he’s officially a total loser in my books.

Sitting out because you got the shits or because you have a leg injury in a career defining game, f*** that.

This is a pretty crazy thing to say. He was already playing not 100%. It's clearly something pretty serious enough that he can't get through anymore.

Say you want about this team and the players... but come on. Shit happens.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
No clue why people are worried about no Matthews.

We have Marner.

giphy.gif

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
people are letting their frustration get the best of them in regards to players not being able to play. i get it, they have sucked as a whole. but, if ANY player on this team or any team in the NHL are in the playoffs and able to play they are playing no exceptions. something is clearly wrong.
I’m sure it’s something

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe but it makes a lot of sense for Marner to take a sign and trade because he likely wont be able to demand 12+ million at age 34 for that 8th year he can't get in UFA.
Yep. I think he’s played himself out of the chance of the 4 or 5 yr deal.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This is a pretty crazy thing to say. He was already playing not 100%. It's clearly something pretty serious enough that he can't through anymore.

I think most people are at the point that it’s alway something with this group……..some excuse or injury

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Maybe but it makes a lot of sense for Marner to take a sign and trade because he likely wont be able to demand 12+ million at age 34 for that 8th year he can't get in UFA.

Marner lacks the guts to do what it takes to keep playing at 36+. He should want the 8 years then retire

Reactions: TMLife17

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
if Matthews has anything short of a career threatening injury, he’s officially a total loser in my books.

Sitting out because you got the shits or because you have a leg injury in a career defining game, f*** that.
He’s injured. I know he got pulled down awkwardly on his leg earlier in the series that may have contributed to it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bieksa gets it, the brain dead here not so much.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
This is a pretty crazy thing to say. He was already playing not 100%. It's clearly something pretty serious enough that he can't get through anymore.

What could it possibly be that’s worse than a punctured lung, a broken sternum, etc.

Not saying it isn’t serious, but how much worse can it get than the some of things other players have battled through.

It already looked bad enough when he dipped after the game was out of reach on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad