GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
chance at the Cup > change

Like I said, my opinion.

The only time I've ever been happy (kind of) about losing, is when we were tanking. Losing still sucks and is not fun.

3 wins and they are even with every team, tall task, but it is weird to give up on them after watching 86 games.

I know it is a long shot, but just as I view it, I'd rather take a little bit of hope and run with it than be miserable and cheer against them.

Sorry, didn’t you just crap all over Ryan Reaves comments about belief in winning tonight? Truly confusing.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
The boys are warming up

1000012312.jpg

They heard it's been about a year since you heard from your old friend darkness...he's been meaning to talk with you again.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Sorry, didn’t you just crap all over Ryan Reaves comments about belief in winning tonight? Truly confusing.

He can say whatever he wants and I said if anyone else said it, there wouldn't be the same appreciation for what was said.

It's about what they do on the ice, not what they say to the media.

I am happy they believe but they still have to go out there and do it.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We all clearly love the Toronto Maple Leafs given how much emotional energy and time we still invest in them on a day like this. That I can say is as close to unconditional as anything.

But between the players and coaches that represent the franchise, that has been severely tested and plainly damaged by the way they’ve represented themselves.
Yep.

The support for the club and the people who wear the sweaters or suits is different. And in order to get a change, it's not unlike when tanking in certain draft years, you need not have the best on-ice results to attain that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They've mostly proven that they can't even get out of the first round, so a "chance" is being incredibly generous.

That's why change likely comes before "chance at cup".

Maybe I am optimistic or foolish, I just know how random of a game hockey is, they still have a shot no matter how small, and until they are out, I'll cheer on the win.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The 80's were worse.

Never forget.
through all the pathetic teams the Leafs have iced, this bunch are the worse at representing the sweater, it makes it all the tougher to accept when you look at the talent they've wasted.........

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Kyper was being an ass yesterday on the show... like classic Kyper loserville.

I agreed with Bournie (yesterday)... who cares. If he could play he would, if he can't it doesn't matter why.
its something serious. thats what they arent getting. doctors have to clear him. this isnt the flu lol the guy is pissing blood

Reactions: wingman75

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
We're going to win tonight and Thursday and lose Saturday aren't they? Lol

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They're going to win tonight and Thursday and lose on Saturday aren't they? Lol

If Matthews ain't playing or even remotely close to 90% healthy, I'd be shocked. Leafs may have a good record without Matthews in the lineup but not sure Boston will turn off the pressure regardless.

Reactions: HolyCrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad