GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You'd think we are in lottery territory the way some people act. We are a good regular season team who isn't equipped for the play offs, it sucks but it could be far worse.

Have you seen the thread? We don't have many fans left, most people are cheering for us to lose, I don't know any fan who does that.

Reactions: leafs in five

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Reavo showing some BeLeaf!

GMYmVW8WcAA46tW
Lip service like the lip service from the rest of the frauds. Money talks, bullshit walks. Let's see if Mitch and Willie are willing to take a crosscheck in the back in front of Swayman.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Take it for what its worth just heard matthews is getting shut down by doctors bexause he’s been pissing blood

I don't even know what kind of illness/injury this is, but I am happy that I don't.

Also, I am now expecting someone to post the Bergeron playing poorly with a missing leg or whatever it was graphic.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The other players can spew off nonsense too and you'd all say "They are just saying it, they don't mean it"

The majority of people have made their minds up about this group, a lot call last year a fluke, that is how many true "fans" we have.

Actions speak louder than words. And we’re even short on words.

Reactions: ToneDog

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I hit a racoon coming back from Peterbrough on sunday. That racoon costing me 4grand of repairman cost

At least you haven't lost 4 grand because of a racoon while being a leafs fan
Maybe the racoon was a Leafs fan too and had enough of this shit. Condolences to the racoon family and sorry about your car.

Reactions: fahad203

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Have you seen the thread? We don't have many fans left, most people are cheering for us to lose, I don't know any fan who does that.
Easy.

There's very little evidence that this team, in its current composition, can get past one round, let alone four. So, rather than unconditional, possibly naive support, they opt to be indifferent or cheer for the result that will lead to a diverging path.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's devastating to hear Matthews may not be good to go: but will never win a series without overcoming adversity.

Need the rest of the guys to step forward.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
We lost a year of hockey to get a salary cap, how many seasons do you want to lose trying to get what youre requesting. Did you like Poker on tv a lot because thats what I remember watching in 2004.-05
Poker in 2004 was lit though. Chris Moneymaker just won the world series and started a boom.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Easy.

There's very little evidence that this team, in its current composition, can get past one round, let alone four. So, rather than unconditional, possibly naive support, they opt to be indifferent or cheer for the result that will lead to a diverging path.

You can cheer for the team and still want change.

When the season is over, I'll revisit what I want next for the team, but no matter how unlikely it is, the cup will still be what I am cheering for, I find it silly to cheer against your team and don't think those are fans.

That's just me though.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'd really like to see Gio in for Brodie or Liljegren. It may be his last opportunity to wear the Blue and White. Let him go out on his shield (after many wins in a row:crossfing).

They should probably take out the worst player (Edmundson), we need more offense and better mobility on D, right now all our D can do is defend (and not well).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Easy.

We all clearly love the Toronto Maple Leafs given how much emotional energy and time we still invest in them on a day like this. That I can say is as close to unconditional as anything.

But between the players and coaches that represent the franchise, that has been severely tested and plainly damaged by the way they’ve represented themselves.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He sabotaged himself too by giving Willy that contract. Woof. That’s a terrible contract, IMO.
I'm really hoping that was Shanahan's call, and once he's turfed the stupid signings will cease to exist.........

Getting upset with Tre for this is like being mad at a janitor for the bathroom getting flooded and overflowing with shit.
yup.......

Reactions: Suntouchable13

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You can,

But ultimately, if you feel change is mostly attained by the team not winning, then cheering seems kind of contradictory.

chance at the Cup > change

Like I said, my opinion.

The only time I've ever been happy (kind of) about losing, is when we were tanking. Losing still sucks and is not fun.

3 wins and they are even with every team, tall task, but it is weird to give up on them after watching 86 games.

I know it is a long shot, but just as I view it, I'd rather take a little bit of hope and run with it than be miserable and cheer against them.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Getting upset with Tre for this is like being mad at a janitor for the bathroom getting flooded and overflowing with shit.

Yeah except instead of being upset at the janitor you question his ability to fix the flood of shit when you walk in on him using the mop upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad