GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
yup, it's the new GM's fault, has nothing to do with the same four players who can't win shit in the playoffs...........

Becoming a horrible defensive team, worse PK, worse PP, completely wasting our 15 million in cap space on dead weight... We were clearly a better team before

• Haha
Reactions: All Mod Cons

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The sad thing is that we basically have 3 Pastarnaks. Pasta was at 110 points, and the next best point producer was Marchand at 67 points. But the lesser talented team is winning, and is actually more well rounded. Beyond those players we really don’t have much else, to be honest.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Have a well played best game of the series could've gone either way but no lead changes just can't win feeling.

Also, I predicted us winning in 5, chasing Swayman, Robertson being an all season contributor and all sorts of other misguided things through the years. I've certainly had more incorrect gut feelings than correct ones. Heck I even thought Matthews would only score a hattrick in his first NHL game.

The trend continues tonight!

Reactions: Altair

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The sad thing is that we basically have 3 Pastarnaks. Pasta was at 110 points, and the next best point producer was Marchand at 67 points. But the lesser talented team is winning, and is actually more well rounded. Beyond those players we really don’t have much else, to be honest.
We have 3 Jeff Skinners, not 3 Pastrnaks

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Becoming a horrible defensive team, worse PK, worse PP, completely wasting our 15 million in cap space on dead weight... We were clearly a better team before
"clearly a better team" too funny, your Cup is winning a round. I'm not convinced Tre can be a competent GM here, but he did a admirable job considering he had like two weeks to try and solve all this team's problem before they became unmovable.........

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
And yet still accomplished nothing. Tre's mantra this season was "it's on the core". He gave them a chance once and for all to prove their ability to get it done when it mattered.

Everyone knew based on the moves that were made we would score more, defend less. But I think there was an expectation that the special teams, PK especially would grow during the season to be serviceable at this time of year.

That never happened, and the scoring remains elusive. I expect significant moves in the off season.

And for those saying Marner has a NMC, here is how I would approach that conversation:

Mitch, we are making some changes to the core of the team. We have decided you will be one of those changes. We are willing to work with you to find the right destination, but know this, if you choose not to waive your NMC, there will not be any extension offer and you will be permitted to walk once your contract expires. I hope you understand that we have to do what we feel best for the team, and franchise and this is how we are proceeding. It is unfortunate things have not worked out, but we cannot go into another season without making changes. Take some time to think it over, and come back with a list of acceptable destinations and I will get to work on that. Otherwise, we'll see you in September. Have a good summer, and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The argument was too much money on 4 players.
The reality is too much money on those 4 players.
from a injury point of view, having that much cap tied up to four players is even more of a reason to redistribute the cap evenly imo...........

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
the Bettet team has been winning left and right this post season. Quick ends. Expect more of the same.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
You bring up these points of other teams and fan bases but fail to realize how "unique" this organization is.

There is not a single organization in the sports industry like us. No other league has a team that makes the playoffs 8 times in a row and is never looked even once as a serious contender league wide.

No team in any other league has had to endure the embarassment that this team provides us

As for when we came back to make it 1-1, you did read the matthews thread right? People, including myself, were talking about how legendary that game was from him, how he willed the team a win, we talked about that game as if we forgot the past 50. This fanbase is reactionary, give us something to cheer for and you won't shut us up, but give us a reason to hate, and you'll never hear the end of it. This team has just not given us anything to cheer for.

Just look at this series. We have:
1.75 GF League Average ->3.12
3.5 GA League Average -> 3.12
50% PK
7% PP
.883 SV%
Leading scorer has 3 points in 4 games
No player has scored twice

We can't score, we can't defend, we can't get saves and we should still find a way to cheer? What the f*** are we supposed to be excited about?
You should be happy you are not an Arizona fan you loyal subject of Leaf Nation.

Now go purchase your extra large foam Leaf hand and overpriced Nylander jersey and scream your heart out for your favourite multi-millionaires on ice! We got this! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Lots of issues with the team and coach.

But gotta stay positive right now and hope the core wakes up in game 5. They have it in them but can they put it all on the line? In all likelihood, they are fighting for their lives as a core here because I think things are about to get messy in the off-season.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
And yet still accomplished nothing. Tre's mantra this season was "it's on the core". He gave them a chance once and for all to prove their ability to get it done when it mattered.

Everyone knew based on the moves that were made we would score more, defend less. But I think there was an expectation that the special teams, PK especially would grow during the season to be serviceable at this time of year.

That never happened, and the scoring remains elusive. I expect significant moves in the off season.

And for those saying Marner has a NMC, here is how I would approach that conversation:
Tre did give then another chance, and unless a miracle happens they continued to shit the bed. I don't care about winning trades, move whoever you can for whatever you can and start afresh........

Reactions: wingman75

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Lots of issues with the team and coach.

But gotta stay positive right now and hope the core wakes up in game 5. They have it in them but can they put it all on the line? In all likelihood, they are fighting for their lives as a core here because I think things are about to get messy in the off-season.
No lol.
They don't.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternal Leaf

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
F9AirYwWIAApBe_

:yo: :yo: :yo:
I see an image and I raise you another one

time to edit.png

Status
Not open for further replies.