GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If Mitch Marner is unwilling to sign a team friendly deal or provide a list of teams he would be willing to be traded to (the only way I see us getting nothing in return) then I am even more convinced that the Leafs need to trade him. The team doesn't need that kind of presence in the room, it would be addition by subtraction.
If and that's a big if, he's resigned it better be for a lot less money and no movement clause or I say walk little boy, walk............

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I have Boston early goal + Marchand anytime + over 5.5 goals.

Not expecting much from Woll - it's a horrible situation to throw him into

Dumbass Keefe should have put him in for Game 4. Just like last year against the Panthers he throws this poor kid in when all the pressure in the world is on him and asks him for a miracle.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Can't help about the shape we're in
Can't score
No goalie
and our D is thin...
"don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to........"

I also would let JT walk, not even for league min would I want him back. He wouldn’t be able to lead a horse to water.
agreed, the culture change demands it, I still think JT could be a serviceable player at the right price, but not here, not now...........

Reactions: Suntouchable13

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yes. It's been a largely even series at even strength (Boston 7-6 Toronto in goals).

Take away that checking line, and Pastrnak cooks - which I suspect he will tonight now that Boston will be able to get away from that matchup
You don't think we could find someone else to shut down Pastrnak for $11M ?

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

BOSTON — Auston Matthews is unlikely to be available to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday night, according to multiple league sources with knowledge of his situation.

Matthews has been battling an illness and was forced to sit out the third period of Saturday’s Game 4 against the Boston Bruins. According to sources, he is also believed to be nursing an undisclosed injury, which made it more likely than not that he wouldn’t be able to play Tuesday with the Leafs trailing 3-1 in the best-of-seven series.

ADVERTISEMENT

He appears to be doing everything he can to try and play.

Matthews was the first Leaf to hit the TD Garden ice for an optional morning skate on Tuesday – appearing at 11:08 a.m. for the scheduled 11:30 a.m. skate. It looked like a sign that maybe he would be available to play in Game 5.

Matthews worked directly with Leafs assistant coach Manny Malhotra.

The two fired pucks back and forth to one another from a close distance. Matthews received passes on his forehand, brought the puck quickly to his backhand, and then flung it back to Malholtra. Then, Matthews stood in front of the net and tipped pucks that Malhotra shot from distance. He got his stick on just about every one of the dozen or so Malhotra fired.

And that was it.

Matthews didn’t exert himself much at all, which is noteworthy because, as head coach Sheldon Keefe explained over the weekend: “The effects have lingered and gotten worse when he’s on the ice asserting himself.”

Matthews left the ice after just eight minutes. He sat out practice entirely on Monday.

Though the Leafs didn’t officially rule him out for the game, Keefe didn’t seem overly optimistic about the possibility of Matthews playing when speaking with reporters. Should Matthews be unable to go, it would be only the second game he’s missed all season after sitting out one in December due to illness.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
They are making more in a season than many hard working people make their entire years.

I am not insensitive to their plight, but, they have been very well remunerated for the inconveniences of being traded.

Build around Nylander and Matthews, plus men like McCabb, Reaves and the young guns Knies, McMann, Benoit etc.

Use the money to get a legit #1 DMan if you can, and a legit #1 goalie. Some middle of the pack North South forwards and build balance. If you lose 5-6 points in the standings, so be it.

First bolded could be the understatement of the year.

If they had a legit #1 D and even a Top 15 goalie with a legitimate coach, I doubt they'd lose 5-6 points. They'd likely pick up 5-6.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Same because this is what I expected as soon as Treliving was hired. Not to mention they ended the season looking horrible and that's clearly carried over into the playoffs.
yup, it's the new GM's fault, has nothing to do with the same four players who can't win shit in the playoffs...........

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
ah yeah think you’re right. Still should have been in for Game 4 instead of throwing him to the wolves tonight.
I didn't mind the game 4 call, tbh. You were banking on Samsonov bouncing back from a decent game 3, despite the awful Frederic goal, which he'd proven more than capable of doing throughout the year and after game 1.

It's easy to say now, but if you put Woll (who couldn't stop a beach ball down the stretch), and he got lit up, then you now have 2 broken goalies and are down 3-1.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Actually nuts how some fans are - you think he wouldn't be playing by choice? you think he prefers to sit rather than play? lol

He's got an excuse every year. Maybe he's just injury and illness prone and we need to move on from him.

Cuz you should never question his effort and willingness to sacrifice for the team, given his unimpeachable integrity and honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad