GDT: GAME 5| COUNTS NUMBER OF THE DAY| FLYERS @ PENS|FRI, APRIL 20th (7:00pm) AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Really? I don’t and I hate the Pens and close-out games at home. They often suck at them and don’t play nearly as defensively solid as they should because they play to the home crowd.....Couts should be back....I think the Flyers will come out fired up....if the Pens don’t deflate them with an early goal, I could see this series easily returning to Philly...no way it gets past that 6th game, but the Pens history tells me they could easily lose tonight’s game, no matter how under manned the Flyers are....
I feel differently. It seems to me the Pens are taking a business approach to tonight, but we will see...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I feel differently. It seems to me the Pens are taking a business approach to tonight, but we will see...

They spout the same platitudes every close-out game and say they’re taking the same business-like approach and then sometimes it doesn’t happen....we’ll see...the first goal generally in in this series, as in others, is huge....

Hopefully, they say bye, bye, bye to the Flyers....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Or better, just say “buh bye” from total bastard airlines.....

William I NEGLE

Mar 30, 2018

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize.gif
    ezgif.com-resize.gif
    697.4 KB · Views: 0

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If we get an early goal I could see this going like the Pens/Rangers game 5 of a few years ago where we blow their doors off.

If they get an early goal (or two) then who knows. We could still come back given the generous amount of chances we generated even in that game 2 loss.

Getting a lead early would be nice though. The Flyers don't play well at all when down to us. They have visibly deflated in every game where we got an early lead.

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
Really? I don’t and I hate the Pens and close-out games at home. They often suck at them and don’t play nearly as defensively solid as they should because they play to the home crowd.....Couts should be back....I think the Flyers will come out fired up....if the Pens don’t deflate them with an early goal, I could see this series easily returning to Philly...no way it gets past that 6th game, but the Pens history tells me they could easily lose tonight’s game, no matter how under manned the Flyers are....
This team under Sullivan has never given me reason not to have confidence in them bringing their best effort. Sure, they’ve lost games at home, but it hasn’t been for lack of effort. This Philly team can not compete with a Pens’ team playing to its full potential. This series has shown that, and I think Philly sees the writing on the wall.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Will once again be playing catch up with live play, will probably be caught up for the start of the 2nd.

All I want tonight is no injuries and a handshake line at the end of the game.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would be shocked if we tilted the ice early. Couts most likely back and true desperate times should have the flyers in a frenzy early. Weather the storm and then put the knife in them.

A little hope is ok.

But the Pens need to contain it, squash it, and kill it.

Kill it early it early.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Will once again be playing catch up with live play, will probably be caught up for the start of the 2nd.

All I want tonight is no injuries and a handshake line at the end of the game.

Are you watching on NHL.tv too? ;)

Reactions: Clare2904

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I would be shocked if we tilted the ice early. Couts most likely back and true desperate times should have the flyers in a frenzy early. Weather the storm and then put the knife in them.

Pepper Elliott early. If the Pens can score a bad goal on Elliott, I think the Flyers wilt after that. You could see it in their body language after Elliott let Kessel's shot squeak through his pads in Game 4.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Pepper Elliott early. If the Pens can score a bad goal on Elliott, I think the Flyers wilt after that. You could see it in their body language after Elliott let Kessel's shot squeak through his pads in Game 4.

I wouldn’t think Elliott would start (unless they have confirmed that).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wouldn’t think Elliott would start (unless they have confirmed that).

Could have sworn I read on the playoff forum that Flyers fans have said it looks like Hakstol's starting Elliott.

I might have misread that as them mockingly saying, "I bet he starts Elliott".

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Could have sworn I read on the playoff forum that Flyers fans have said it looks like Hakstol's starting Elliott.

I might have misread that as them mockingly saying, "I bet he starts Elliott".

That might be true I haven’t seen any news on that. I would have though logically they would go with Neuvirth. Not that it should matter much but they need everything little thing to go their way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That might be true I haven’t seen any news on that. I would have though logically they would go with Neuvirth. Not that it should matter much but they need everything little thing to go their way.

Yeah, it shouldn't matter if the Pens come to play like they're capable of. But hockey's a weird game.

Also, I think if Neuvirth stood on his head when he came in in relief, they might have gone to him. But honestly, he looked just as shaky as Elliott. The Crosby goal was LOL-worthy with how bad his awareness of where the puck was on that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad