GDT: Game #5: Blues (2-1-1) vs Jets (2-3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to your 5th game of the St. Louis Blues season. Both teams are coming off of wins. Blues are looking to keep scoring after 4 goals in 3 games and then following that up with 4 goals in 1 game. while the Jets are looking to get to .500 on the season and propel themselves to the upper 1/2 of the division.

Line ups will be added when available

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Probably not going to watch a ton of this game tonight. 16 games with staggered start times and ESPN is doing an 'NFL Red Zone' style whip around channel. I'm not at all sold that hockey is conducive to a channel like that, but I want to give it a chance and I 100% want to encourage the NHL to do more nights with staggered start times. So that is where my eyeballs will be.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Will any be PP goals?
1698178379705.png

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Buch a game time decision. I still do not understand these when we’re 5 games into the season.

We have a back to back coming up on Thursday and Friday. Just hold him out tonight against a struggling team so that he’s ready for those.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Interesting quote from Army in JR profile today "we were able to build something special that lasted a long time and now we’re rebuilding". are we no longer in a retool but an actual rebuild?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Interesting quote from Army in JR profile today "we were able to build something special that lasted a long time and now we’re rebuilding". are we no longer in a retool but an actual rebuild?

if he’s smart, he’ll keep rebuilding. Last years moves were a great start.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think execs throw around retool and rebuild a lot more casually than fans like us do. We tend to have very specific definitions for each of those while execs use those two terms interchangeably at times. I would assume Doug means a continuation of last year where we sell pieces to get extra picks if we're out of PO's. His expectation for this year is that we end up with a top 20 pick which means he thinks there will be at least 12 teams better than us if not 12+ teams.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Either Binnington is going to have another great game or the Blues will lose by 3 or more.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This game will be fun for me, as my 2 favourite teams will be playing, and much of my extended family (from Winnipeg), will be watching. Most of them will be pulling for The Jets. But I'm more of a Blues fan because our long-time neighbour played for The Blues before Winnipeg had an NHL team. my 2 sisters are Jets fans because they are several years younger. both teams are retooling, and aren't likely to be better than Wild Card contenders, So, I don't have to worry about who wins. :cool:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This game will be fun for me, as my 2 favourite teams will be playing, and much of my extended family (from Winnipeg), will be watching. Most of them will be pulling for The Jets. But I'm more of a Blues fan because our long-time neighbour played for The Blues before Winnipeg had an NHL team. my 2 sisters are Jets fans because they are several years younger. both teams are retooling, and aren't likely to be better than Wild Card contenders, So, I don't have to worry about who wins. :cool:

I don’t mind the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad