GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The Sharks are just getting the ketchup thing right now. We were the team that controlled the things out there, however, they played without their arguably 2 best defensemen.

Our PP and shoottout sucks. 1 shootout goal in 2 games. Teemu was really close, but as well Perry could be stopped by Rinne last game. We have to work on those things while maintaining other aspects.

Tough 2 games coming up. Wild are playing really well with their new additions, and LA was very good against Vancouver and now is back in to the standings as well.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This team is fun to watch again. They don't quit, commitment to team defense, I have hope even when they're down. Sucks to lose but the Sharks are damned good this year and the Ducks didn't look outmatched.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Was a good game kept an offense that seemed somewhat unstoppable to 18 shots 2 goals. Unfortunately our pp is ice cold, and seems like selanne ryan and selanne are still in hibernation.

Does perry not realize teams have the ability to watch your previous games, niemi baited him bad. I woulda liked to see rakell or etem or someone looking to make a name shoot.

Its a sad day when i have to say bonino was the star on our 2nd line, at this rate our 4th line will be the 2nd line by the end of the season.

But we did better then i thought, ill take it... im sure we feel better bout the game then the sharks do even with the win. I also hate shootouts can we do 3 v 3 or 10 min 4 v 4 its way more exciting in my books.

/rant

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Our 2nd line looked very good at some points imo.

Ryan seemed to be trying and the whole line feeds from that.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
What did you guys do to Winnik? I only wish he played like that with us.

Anyways, I think you guys are definitely making the playoffs this season. You guys look really solid. We always suck against teams that pressure hard.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007

Anyways, I think you guys are definitely making the playoffs this season. You guys look really solid. We always suck against teams that pressure hard.
stem cells

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Was a good game kept an offense that seemed somewhat unstoppable to 18 shots 2 goals. Unfortunately our pp is ice cold, and seems like selanne ryan and selanne are still in hibernation.

Does perry not realize teams have the ability to watch your previous games, niemi baited him bad. I woulda liked to see rakell or etem or someone looking to make a name shoot.

Its a sad day when i have to say bonino was the star on our 2nd line, at this rate our 4th line will be the 2nd line by the end of the season.

But we did better then i thought, ill take it... im sure we feel better bout the game then the sharks do even with the win. I also hate shootouts can we do 3 v 3 or 10 min 4 v 4 its way more exciting in my books.

/rant

I hate not getting 2 points, but overall I'm pretty happy with how they played with the exception to 2 or 3 awful mistakes.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
Boyle is an old man who's washed up. Quit while you're only slightly behind please. You're team got destroyed today and you know they deserved to lose at home

washed up? :laugh:

he's still a top 10-15 d-man in the league and still dominating at the age of 36.

boyle has 6 pts in 5 games, ryan has 2 pts in 5 games.

I guess bobby ryan is washed up too. :shakehead

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009

Good question, but he's fit in really well thus far. Even if you take away the scoring that wont continue, the work he did on the second goal shows is how great hes been for us.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Damn, these bashes against Sharks fans are funny I can only imagine what happens in their GDT :laugh:

But i agree, that we`d have very hard time getting points if Boyle, Burns and Demers would be playing. However, we did play great and were able to turn their ketchup line down, if not for that WTF mistake with their 1st goal.

edgeicator

May 12, 2010
for the record you guys lead the league in power play opportunities, id imagine you guys would complain the least about ref'in, and the refs were letting the boys play for the most part, thats how the playoffs will most likely be ref'd... guess thats unfortunate for you guys. And its not like we scored on the power play o_O

The only call that was really bad was marleaus goalie interfernce at end of 2nd.

Marleau's tripping call was bad as well. He did a stick lift. His stick was never between the guy's legs.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Looks like some Sharks fans are upset because we are actually happy with the Ducks even with the loss.

Anyway, it was a fun game, regardless of the outcome.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
washed up? :laugh:

he's still a top 10-15 d-man in the league and still dominating at the age of 36.

boyle has 6 pts in 5 games, ryan has 2 pts in 5 games.

I guess bobby ryan is washed up too. :shakehead

The Sharks lead the league in Power play time. Of course Boyle is going to have a lot of points.

As for Ryan, I agree he does look pretty ****ing washed up

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
Damn, these bashes against Sharks fans are funny I can only imagine what happens in their GDT :laugh:

But i agree, that we`d have very hard time getting points if Boyle, Burns and Demers would be playing. However, we did play great and were able to turn their ketchup line down, if not for that WTF mistake with their 1st goal.

trust me i do my best to avoid their gamethread. it's a complete disaster when we lose a game :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Good question, but he's fit in really well thus far. Even if you take away the scoring that wont continue, the work he did on the second goal shows is how great hes been for us.

He looked like Stamkos with that crossbar :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Marleau's tripping call was bad as well. He did a stick lift. His stick was never between the guy's legs.

I didnt see that play was cooking dinner, with the way we were playing i would have rather stayed 5 on 5, seeing as you guys killing the power play gave you momentum. should be thanking the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad