GDT: Game 49: Red Wings vs vegas 8:00 pm et 1/27/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

Lines will be known Saturday. Let's Go Boys!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
This is a game that we need to have at least a point in. VGK is going to have a depleted lineup and we should take advantage.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is a game that we need to have at least a point in. VGK is going to have a depleted lineup and we should take advantage.

They are playing the Rangers tonight. Hill is back from IR, but playing tonight so the Wings get Thompson anyways.

I'll probably miss the game since I'm heading up to my ski condo. Doing plumbing repairs at my buddy's restaurant tomorrow. (I got suckered into being his handy man with free beer. It's not really free if I'm doing work though....)

Anyways, good luck.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Even if Vegas is missing a few people, so are we. And Vegas is just shutting teams down right now -- their opponents are lucky to score 2.

We're going to need another special performance from Lyon. I'd be ecstatic with a loser's point (well no not really, if we make it to OT I think we have a great chance with guys like Larkin and Raymond and if we make it to the shootout we have Lyon so...I'd actually be disappointed with the loser's point, in the moment.)

But right now, this morning, I'd be grateful to get one point from this game.

Reactions: lilidk

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"They say that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Uncle Kracker says "You could take Gratiot South but that's a real rough route - you'll be found face-down with your pockets hanging out." Now, catchy lyrics aside, the Golden Knights will be on the second half of a road back-to-back tonight and the Wings should have fresh legs, but the real test will be to see if Vegas has let their strongest play stay in Vegas, and if that in turn means the Wings can pocket a victory here tonight in Detroit about a mile North of Gratiot Ave."

- Plausible Keats

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Vegas, won easily tonight 5-2 over the Rangers. It will a back to back game for Vegas but the Wings will have to be at the top of their game tomorrow.
Rangers are 3-6-1 in their last 10 and Shesty has been bad in January with an .863 sv%

It basically evens us out yeah. But there is no way to spin December other than being an abject failure.
Shit happens when your top 2 centers get hurt

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Vegas, won easily tonight 5-2 over the Rangers. It will a back to back game for Vegas but the Wings will have to be at the top of their game tomorrow.

They were outshot 38-20, and scored in an empty net ... but yeah, they won easily

Don’t we actually want Philly to win so they stay in a divisional spot? Rather than them being around us?

I think we want Philly to loose as much as possible. So when one of the Atlantic teams eventually decides to play better and takes the 3rd divisional spot, Philly falls behind us.

But basically everyone needs to be loosing all the time except the top 2 teams in each division^^

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
So long as the boys put in some work and make a concerted effort to win, I'll be happy. I'll be far happer with a win, of course, but Vegas is a powerhouse of a team, and you can't win 'em all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad