GDT: Game #49 - New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights , 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
6386DE1F-9573-4A64-9A37-1EABC35F231E.jpeg

D60E2177-C105-4A75-9ED1-DB5757BBDD64.jpeg

73F00292-23C1-4CE1-993D-4CC74064FA2F.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights
7pm EST - MSG

DEDFC9C8-728B-44E3-B8D6-B14730809371.jpeg
92F60457-5F2F-4BB5-AB48-BA704DBAD133.jpeg

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Pride Night throwback:

People threw so many LGBT-themed scarves on the ice that Joe Tolleson had to tell the crowd that it was a hat trick, not a "scarf trick."

Then on the subway ride home, I saw some people on the train wearing surgical masks and thought, "Huh, I guess that's a thing now."

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Pride Night throwback:

People threw so many LGBT-themed scarves on the ice that Joe Tolleson had to tell the crowd that it was a hat trick, not a "scarf trick."

Then on the subway ride home, I saw some people on the train wearing surgical masks and thought, "Huh, I guess that's a thing now."

One of the best Ranger games I’ve ever seen. Man what a more likeable and fun team that was than what we have now.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Pride Night throwback:

I went to the following game which was March 7th, my first game back at MSG in almost 10 years, & my first since the renovation was completed. Turned out to be the last home game of the season & Henrik's final appearance at MSG. Igor started & was pulled after a rough first period.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That team sucked and likely would have missed the playoffs if they played a full season. They did not know how to play defense at all. You'd rather lose 6-5 and than win 2-1.
You'd think we were in last place in the division based on this board. So many get excited when we lose, they can get back on their high horses to complain, and when we win they get on their low horses to complain more quietly.

I will say though, if we make a quick exit in the playoffs then I'll be just as negative as the rest of them.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You'd think we were in last place in the division based on this board. So many get excited when we lose, they can get back on their high horses to complain, and when we win they get on their low horses to complain more quietly.

I will say though, if we make a quick exit in the playoffs then I'll be just as negative as the rest of them.

Well the negativity doesn’t usually start till puck drop, now till then everyone will be discussing food, Quoting movies, and ask ourselves what is the meaning of life. Lol

I hope they empty the tank tonight. Have 10 days off after this . Whoever is going tonight , have fun and hope they put on a lot of effort for you guys.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That team sucked and likely would have missed the playoffs if they played a full season. They did not know how to play defense at all. You'd rather lose 6-5 and than win 2-1.

No way they wouldve made the playoffs. They had already lost Kreider and started playing poorly by the time Covid stopped the season. Vaguely remember a critical home and home with Philly where we needed to win both and came away with maybe a point.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
No way they wouldve made the playoffs. They had already lost Kreider and started playing poorly by the time Covid stopped the season. Vaguely remember a critical home and home with Philly where we needed to win both and came away with maybe a point.

We were 2–3-1 in our last 6 before the cancellation with losses to phillyx2 and NJD and CoL in OT.

We might have missed but the islanders who we were trailing lost 7 in a row and 11 of their last 13 and we were just 1 pt behind. Though they had 2 games in hand.

The BJs who we were 2 pt behind lost 12 of their last 15.
So really, none of those 3 teams were killing it and it was anybody who could have taken the last spot.

We were also 3 pts behind carolina who had 2 games in hand but they were winners of their last 3 but were only 6-6 in their last 12 so its not like they were lighting the world on fire either.

I should add that FLA was one point behind us but was 3-6 in their last 9 so once again they were not doing well.

Basically the 5 teams competing for the final 2 spots were all struggling at the same time. And it was anyones game.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Prediction: Kakko Laf and Chytl each have hat tricks, all within the first 2 periods. Problem is Panarin makes a bunch of blind passes that lead to Vegas goals. Kreider gives no effort in getting back on d. 9-9 after 2. To try and make sure we get at least a point, GG shortens the bench. Kids get 1 shift. They score, but we lose in regulation 15-10.

Additional prediction: At least one person in the post-game thread is shocked that we want to fire GG after just one regulation loss to a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad