Erixon-Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Leighton

large.png

Lines
TBD

Last edited:

Paisano*

That Arena pic was when it was still under construction! Trying to forget all the past years of frustration?

Anyway it ends tonight, Jackets win, Wings lose, Wild lose, Jackets finish 7th, face the Quacks in the playoffs!
:yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
That Arena pic was when it was still under construction! Trying to forget all the past years of frustration?

Not at all. I selected that pic because it represents the beginning to me in many ways, and perhaps today is the end of the beginning, at long last.

Paisano*

BTW, we were wanting to go down and tailgate around 4. Anyone know Standard Parkings rules on this with grilling, beer etc?

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
From the dispatch today http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/04/27/playoff-believer.html

Since the Blue Jackets acquired Johnson, they are 33-27-5 with him in the lineup. He has eight goals, 24 assists and a minus-1 rating in those 65 games.
“I haven’t known anything different in Columbus than having a winning team,†Johnson said. “I knew it was going to happen a lot sooner than people thought. Not overnight, but people were thinking years, and I was thinking maybe a season or two.
“We’ve tried to change the approach here. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup. It’s not just make the playoffs, but to win the Stanley Cup. If that’s not the goal, then why are you doing this? That’s why you play the sport of hockey.â€
Johnson said he’s not surprised by where the Blue Jackets find themselves today, playing arguably the biggest game in franchise history. He has prepared to be blown away by the atmosphere tonight.
“This is how it’s supposed to be,†Johnson said. “We want to get this up to the point where we’re in it every year. We’ve earned this. The fans have earned it, too. This is how you turn Columbus into a hockey town.â€

Gotta love it.

Tonight we are the greatest hockey team in the world.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
On board with you Roadman. My gosh, the GNat should be rocking tonite.

SgtJoseph*

The stars are lining up at the moment for the Jackets ! Minnesota got punked last night ! The Jackets are playing well and BOB is absolutely white hot in the nets ! I am pulling for your club tonight to take it to Nashville ! Should be one heck of a game tonight !

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Did anyone reserve a few bandwagon seats for the Hockey Gods?

Will have all of my Habs, Leafs and Canucks neighbors and friends cheering like crazy for our Jackets tonight! (It's gonna take two large screens but we're doing it!)

Go Jackets! Go!

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
My first thought, no lie:

Rims be trollin'. He doesn't even play for us any more!

@jrimercbj: I just spent 10 minutes with #Predators coach Barry Trotz who told me that Chris Mason will start for Nashville vs #CBJ tonight.

This is no time for kidding around.
I swear anybody screws with me today is going to get smacked.

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
From the dispatch today http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/04/27/playoff-believer.html

Since the Blue Jackets acquired Johnson, they are 33-27-5 with him in the lineup. He has eight goals, 24 assists and a minus-1 rating in those 65 games.
“I haven’t known anything different in Columbus than having a winning team,†Johnson said. “I knew it was going to happen a lot sooner than people thought. Not overnight, but people were thinking years, and I was thinking maybe a season or two.
“We’ve tried to change the approach here. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup. It’s not just make the playoffs, but to win the Stanley Cup. If that’s not the goal, then why are you doing this? That’s why you play the sport of hockey.â€
Johnson said he’s not surprised by where the Blue Jackets find themselves today, playing arguably the biggest game in franchise history. He has prepared to be blown away by the atmosphere tonight.
“This is how it’s supposed to be,†Johnson said. “We want to get this up to the point where we’re in it every year. We’ve earned this. The fans have earned it, too. This is how you turn Columbus into a hockey town.â€

Gotta love it.

I think the trade for Johnson was the beginning of the attitude and cultural shift of this team.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Words cannot express how incredibly exchited I am for this game. I'm sure that's a sentiment shared among many CBJ fans today.

This. It has been a long time coming to go to a game that has the fanbase so fired up. This will be a blast tonight. Besides, the WHOLE NHL is rooting for us. Well maybe not the whole NHL.

Oh, don't overlook the opponent, that would be a mistake. Take care of business, and the Stars and Avs must play well too. :handclap:

Can't wait, I feel like a little kid.;)

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I think the trade for Johnson was the beginning of the attitude and cultural shift of this team.

Completely agree. And the fact that he was such a huge contrast to Carter-the-ass was undoubtedly not lost on his teammates.

In the past I have liked, even loved this team. But for the first time, I truly RESPECT them.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard

“I haven’t known anything different in Columbus than having a winning team,” Johnson said. “I knew it was going to happen a lot sooner than people thought. Not overnight, but people were thinking years, and I was thinking maybe a season or two.
“We’ve tried to change the approach here. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup. It’s not just make the playoffs, but to win the Stanley Cup. If that’s not the goal, then why are you doing this? That’s why you play the sport of hockey.”
“This is how it’s supposed to be,” Johnson said. “We want to get this up to the point where we’re in it every year. We’ve earned this. The fans have earned it, too. This is how you turn Columbus into a hockey town.”

Gotta love it.

As many know I have been posting Herby's quote for the stretch run. The quote that is not in Miracle that appears in the documentary by HBO is more applicable tonight. With the US down in the gold medal game going into the third period Herby simply told them this. If you lose to them you will take it to your ****ing graves, your ****ing graves.

WIN TONIGHT!

I BELIEVE!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad