GDT: Game #48: Coyotes @ Hurricanes - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - We Could Use A Break Right Now Edition

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I suppose Soderstrom is getting quality minutes on a competitive team in Tucson. I'm fine keeping him there for now. He was one of very few bright spots tonight. I have renewed hope for him after this game. Him panning out would be a giant boon to our blue line in the future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bear seems like a great coach at teaching young players, but is he not the guy that can get a team mentality ready to play every night? I don't have the answer, but this team seems unprepared too often.
The answer is the players looking in the mirror, to at least give an effort. Bottom line, we lack talent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Soderstrom was pretty good, all things considered.
Hard to tell after one game, but is he part of the future? Outside of Durzi and Moser all we have are third pairing D, and no first pairing. I have no idea how BA is going to fix this

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Making our playoff push even more difficult is schedule strength. The six teams (LA, Preds, STL, Kraken, Flames, Wild) closest to us for the wildcard spots all have an easier schedule the rest of the way.

Seeing as how we tend to underperform against good teams, particularly on the road, it ain't going to be easy.

1706454418698.png

Reactions: DustyDangler

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Cooley is ridiculously physical for a 19 year old kid at his stature who's playing in the National. And like, he's still growing into his body. If that element of his game develops proportionately to his speed and skill... holy shit, he's going to be f***ing dominant in his prime.
Well Ovi is his hero.. Ovi is a skilled Shane Doan ,, bull in a china shop

That would be great if he got even half that physical

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
They don't. Mathematically yes, but realistic they don't, and I don't think many said we did except for the homers.
I totally think we can..

But really as much as we want the team to perform, it’s time for the coach to start earning his pay

Looks like Rick T used his exp, and learned how to motivate and coach a team

Bear needs to do it.

This team has shown it can play compete and dominate almost any team in the league if it can play a certain way. But when we play lazy, unmotivated, with our head not in the game. We make mistakes and they cost us big.

And when our goalies play with their heads not in the game we look bad.

We almost need a new D and goalie coach

Reactions: slv

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
The answer is the players looking in the mirror, to at least give an effort. Bottom line, we lack talent.
Coyotes now have most talented roster for the last 15 years, imo.
They really lack top C. And top D. And consistency. And work-ethic.

Tampa, Florida and Carolina all showed great work-ethic in last 3 games, but Coyotes not.

Reactions: DustyDangler

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
I know the score line was close but we absolutely stunk in that game, I would go as far as to say it was the worse of the 3 game road trip. Ingram was back to form but just about everyone else decided to start the break early. If at any point in that game we strung together 3 passes can you please find me the clip! Horrible. How this team has tumbled from being a wild card to once again being down with the bottom dwellers is scary.
These guys really need to look at themselves over this break .

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020

Tampa, Florida and Carolina all showed great work-ethic in last 3 games, but Coyotes not.
you are right. the work ethic lacks significantly. Schmaltz and to a lesser degree, Keller, play a lot of lazy without the puck hockey. Until Keller gets over this , if he does, he isnt an all star on most teams.

Reactions: slv

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
you are right. the work ethic lacks significantly. Schmaltz and to a lesser degree, Keller, play a lot of lazy without the puck hockey. Until Keller gets over this , if he does, he isnt an all star on most teams.
look at the contrast between how Cooley plays as compared to Keller.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree about the lack of a top C and D. Overall I can't complain about the work ethic. When you have two players with great work ethic, the one with most talent wins out. We lack talent, simple as that. The three teams you mentioned all have talent that we can only dream to have one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad