GDT: Game 47: Red Wings vs stars 7:00 pm et 1/23/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Let's keep it going boys!

Reactions: FMichael

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I said before we just need 18 points in January. It is a tough 18 points in arguably the toughest part of our schedule (opponent wise) and we have 15 points with like 4 games left. We just need 3 out of 8 possible points and I think we get that and more. I see a win against ottawa and flyers anything else is just gravy.

This get's us up to making florida uncomfortable in their position after they had like a 8 game win streak or something. As long as toronto keeps toronto-ing, we are looking good.

What I am most proud of is that our team, during one of the tougher schedule parts I can remember, has shown that its heart and soul are intact. It was rarely pretty or perfect. But it was good, good enough to beat teams with more talent than us. I know that MUFASSSSAAA is carrying the lion‘s share (see what I did there :P) but our team defense has been significantly better. Dedication and attention to detail.

For me, Playoffs this season was premature. And I still think that the team is performing better than the sum of its parts. But here we are controlling our own destiny.

Let’s go, you beautiful bastards!!!

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
We defeated the LA Kings, then the Lions took down the LA Rams.
The Lions defeated the TB Bucs, and we responded by defeating the TB Lightning.

Tomorrow, we face a franchise whose origins include absorbing the old Cleveland Barons franchise, which was known as the California Golden Seals.

Well, okay. Maybe that's a stretch, but that doesn't make this game any less important. Just win it, boys!

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
#RedWings lines at the skate:
Perron-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Fabbri
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Kostin-Veleno-Sprong
Walman-Seider
Maatta-Petry
Gostisbehere-Hol
lLyon/Reimer
Husso also practicing. Kane and Chiarot not out there.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Stars in the universe that are similar to our own sun can last upwards of 15 to 20 billion years, in theory, and to Red Wings fans, it may feel like it's been 15 billion years since a victory over the Dallas Stars. In fact, you only have to go back as far as April of 2021 - so not quite 3 years - to find the last time Detroit beat Dallas. Now, we don't have a souped-up Delorean and 21.1 gigawatts of power to go back 3 years, so tonight the Red Wings are just going to have to plow forward the old-fashioned way by relying on the effort and ethic of the whole team including its role players and its stars."

- Plausible Keats

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Looking at the stars lineup I’m astonished they’re not first in the west. They look so damn deep. Pavelski on the third line? Oof.

Will be a tough game and if we win tonight we’d be good in terms of withstanding this horribly rough schedule.

He already did yesterday

Best news I’ve heard today.
also it feels like forever ago we beat Dallas. Like when Tatar had that marvelous split the D goal.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Can I ask, how is it even possible for Ghost to be such an outlier? Surely he had a partner with him on the ice when goals were scored for and against. Wouldn't you expect some of the other defenseman, particularly his regular partners, to be at least on the negative side? So weird....

Screenshot_20240121_214136_Opera.jpg

Can I ask, how is it even possible for Ghost to be such an outlier? Surely he had a partner with him on the ice when goals were scored for and against. Wouldn't you expect some of the other defenseman, particularly his regular partners, to be at least on the negative side? So weird....

View attachment 808837

Getting to the bottom of it would be pretty tedious work. GA in OT prob account for a couple, the flurry of SHG against as well (he’s the only dman on PP1). And when Wally was out Ghost had to step up to LD1. And they got lit up during that bad stretch. He was outmatched in that role.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ghost has rotated partners a lot. He drags his partners down in the +/- column, but then when those guys get paired up with others, they get some pluses. Ghost never gets those pluses though, because, so far, he's not been able to play on a pairing that doesn't include Ghost.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021

View attachment 808837
He is -6 5v5. It’s such a dumb stat if you include empty net situations.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Jimmy sounds a bit more put together tonight. Maybe the healthy scratch got the message through.

Reactions: theYman

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Jimmy sounds a bit more put together tonight. Maybe the healthy scratch got the message through.
It's all part of the Yzerplan. Nobody is gifted minutes. Let the two 4th liners fight it out. I'll bet they're both on one-year deals, too.

Reactions: kook10

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Lookin to get revenge on Dallas tonight. Just keep Pavelski off the board. He's killed us through the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad