Post-Game Talk: Game #46 - Canucks vs Blackhawks - Part II: Corrado for Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not sure which Raymond you've been watching but they aren't going to come when he's playing like this again. He's back to perimeter-lose the puck-kill the play-shoot from the worst angles Raymond. Not to mention he threw the puck up the middle twice and was extremely lucky not to have had it picked off.

I noticed that too. Raymond's basically a twenty goal scorer so he will be hot and cold over the season. Those defensive gaffes were something I haven't seen before though. He really needs to step it up in the playoffs this year as he's been MIA other years. We can't afford that this year.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

yoss

May 25, 2011
Bxa needs to cut out the bad giveaways and penalties. He's a double edged sword.

bieksa.jpg

True. Still I'd feel better having him in there for the playoffs, (if healthy) has potential and at times tendency to make big plays for us. Would like to see him minimize the facepalm worthy giveaways though.

I wonder how much his injury has contributed to his at times lackluster play this year, seemed to have more giveaways than usual.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I curse Bieksa as much as the next fan, but you simply have to look at our record with him in the line-up versus our record when he is out of it to establish he's a fairly important cog on the team, regardless of his brain farts.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I curse Bieksa as much as the next fan, but you simply have to look at our record with him in the line-up versus our record when he is out of it to establish he's a fairly important cog on the team, regardless of his brain farts.

Also he tends to suck less in the playoffs.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
no way Henrik sits until 5 games after Bouwmeester does

Agreed. Dress him, give him one shift, then send him to the locker room. He could be in the press box by the 10 minute mark of the 1st period. We'd be short handed a body but it'll just mean more ice time for those bottom 6ers who would probably love the opportunity.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Still excited about the win last night, it felt like a playoff win where that great feeling of victory doesn't go away until the next game in the series.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Still excited about the win last night, it felt like a playoff win where that great feeling of victory doesn't go away until the next game in the series.

I know that feel. There have been some good games with high intensity and playoff-like atmospheres, namely against the Hawks, Blues and Kings. Unsurprisingly these are the other strong teams in the West.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Agreed. Dress him, give him one shift, then send him to the locker room. He could be in the press box by the 10 minute mark of the 1st period. We'd be short handed a body but it'll just mean more ice time for those bottom 6ers who would probably love the opportunity.

gonna say the chances of this happening is 0%. ill throw you a bone and say that henrik maybe gets less than 20 mins EV toi though

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
As with the poster above we have to realize that Raymond will get most of his goals during a few streams through the years the way most 20 goal scorers, and really nearly every goal scorers, do.

But what is disturbing to me the last week or two is how he is simply bailing along the boards in the defensive zone. He wants nothing to do with taking the hit to make the defensive play right now. Neither, btw, does Hansen of late.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Just read through the Hawks GDT and PGT, way too many Canucks fans posting in there. Especially after we spanked them the last thing they want to see is a ton of Canucks fans arguing with them and calling out their players. Seemed a little too cocky for essentially a mean nothing game.

Meant that the more reasonable comments were lost amongst all of the gloating

Tanevian*

Just read through the Hawks GDT and PGT, way too many Canucks fans posting in there. Especially after we spanked them the last thing they want to see is a ton of Canucks fans arguing with them and calling out their players. Seemed a little too cocky for essentially a mean nothing game.

It's best to just leave them stew all alone, then they'd start wondering why no Canucks fans have posted.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

I don't understand why people even bother with it. Especially when you see a lazy, pathetic GDT like that. Just stick to your own board.

TheDiver*

Relax. its an entertainment (that's what pro sports is) forum on the Internet.

Its just for fun.

Not that I really took part in it.

As for Luongo, I hope he gets to start against Anaheim. He deserves one last start at home as a Canuck. Give Schneider Edmonton to warm up for the playoffs.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Relax. its an entertainment (that's what pro sports is) forum on the Internet.

Its just for fun.

Not that I really took part in it.

As for Luongo, I hope he gets to start against Anaheim. He deserves one last start at home as a Canuck. Give Schneider Edmonton to warm up for the playoffs.

I am not mad, I was just pointing out that Canucks fans shouldn't be surprised when we are treated poorly on the Hawks' board, especially with all of those going over there to rub it into their faces :laugh:

Wow, pro sports are entertainment? ;)

Doubt Lu gets another start, Schneids needs to be ready for the playoffs, that's more important than Lu getting another game in imo

TheDiver*

I am not mad, I was just pointing out that Canucks fans shouldn't be surprised when we are treated poorly on the Hawks' board, especially with all of those going over there to rub it into their faces :laugh:

Wow, pro sports are entertainment? ;)

Doubt Lu gets another start, Schneids needs to be ready for the playoffs, that's more important than Lu getting another game in imo

I think Schneider is ready. He has had 9 starts in the last 21 days. 4 in the last 7 days. I think a rest before the grind could do him good.

If he plays against the Oilers that gives him four days off between games, a luxury he hasn't had in a while.

John Bender*

I think Schneider is ready. He has had 9 starts in the last 21 days. 4 in the last 7 days. I think a rest before the grind could do him good.

If he plays against the Oilers that gives him four days off between games, a luxury he hasn't had in a while.

Sometimes rest is not good. If he's rolling, let him keep rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad