Sharp - Kampf - Debrincat
Bouma - Wingels - Panik

Keith - Oesterle
Forsling - Rutta
Kempny - Murphy

Forsberg

------------------​

The opponent

Just like the Wild, the Blackhawks are on the tail end of back-to-back games. However, the Chicago squad fared better in its first outing than the Wild, dominating the Ottawa Senators 8-2 on Tuesday night. En route to the victory, Patrick Kane scored a career-high five points, while Nick Schmaltz added three points, including two goals. Captain Jonathan Toews also scored two goals in the rout.

Brent Seabrook was a healthy scratch on Tuesday, though the defense combined for seven points without him. The alternate captain has won three Stanley Cups, all with Chicago, and is in the second year of an eight-year contract.

With Corey Crawford injured and Anton Forsberg taking the reins in Ottawa, goaltender Jeff Glass will likely get the start against Minnesota. Glass is 2-1-1 in four career NHL starts with a .908 save percentage and a goals-against average of 3.51.

The Wild and Blackhawks have already met three times in the 2017-18 season, with the Wild winning 5-2 Oct. 12 in Chicago and falling in the latter two games, 2-0 and 4-1 on Nov. 4 and Dec. 17. Devan Dubnyk, who will start for the Wild, played in the first two matchups. Chris Stewart leads the Wild with two goals against Chicago this season.

Following Tuesday's win, the Blackhawks leap-frogged over the Wild and the idle Avalanche from last place into fifth in the Central Divison.

------------------------​

So Crawford's out and the Blackhawks are probably exhausted from putting 8 in on Ottawa last night. Didn't have a single hat-trick to show for it! That's encouraging, right? RIGHT?

The Wild, meanwhile, should be well rested after not playing since Jan 4, against Buffalo.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I feel like this game will determine how Wild fans feel about the rest of the season, fair or not. If we lose, we're in the tank, losing to Chicago yet again, no momentum before the bye week. If we win, we're still in a good spot for a wild card, beat a division rival, and didn't fully lose the momentum after playing well last week.

No pressure or anything. :popcorn:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I feel like this game will determine how Wild fans feel about the rest of the season, fair or not. If we lose, we're in the tank, losing to Chicago yet again, no momentum before the bye week. If we win, we're still in a good spot for a wild card, beat a division rival, and didn't fully lose the momentum after playing well last week.

I don't want to overstate the importance of a game in early January, but going into the bye having dropped 3 games to bubble teams that we'll be competing for wildcard spots with would be ugly. Especially if we do it when we're finally healthy and should be hitting our stride.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im expecting an 8-0 beatdown tonight. maybe then mgmt will address some of our issues! wheres yeo when the team needs a good scolding?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
im expecting an 8-0 beatdown tonight. maybe then mgmt will address some of our issues! wheres yeo when the team needs a good scolding?
Any ideas for how to address those issues? I'm not even sure that there is an issue beyond the need to play better and rack up some wins.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Still have Jets and Nuks at home before the bye week starts.

2nd game of back-to-backs for both teams tonight, MN has less travel than Chi too. I like the Wild's chances tonight against Forsberg. He's not the brick wall Crawford turns into whenever he plays the Wild.

I think Parise gets a garbage goal around the net front tonight.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
The main "issue" is that we need to get the GA down. If the Wild play the kind of defense that they have played in past years then the offense will follow. I hold this responsibility solely on Gabby and his staff. We are not going anywhere until we can shutdown our opponents more often.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Wild know they are allowed to play on the other end of the ice, right?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've seen enough of Reilly the last couple of games. I want Olofsson back on the ice.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild simply don't look any good. Not horrible, but not very good.

Time is running out on the season. If some sort of chemistry isn't found soon, then Fletcher has to go to plan B

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild simply don't look any good. Not horrible, but not very good.

Time is running out on the season. If some sort of chemistry isn't found soon, then Fletcher has to go to plan B

Any idea what Plan B is? Buffalo starts with a 'B'. Lets not go there again...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Better start to the 2nd. Hawks goalie can't just take a 20 min nap on his goal line.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Shot attempts are 48-16?!!? No wonder Dubs is frustrated again. What are we so scared of? A shot on goal?

Dude is on fire tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad