Post-Game Talk: Game 44: Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals, 4pm PT, BSSC (Gotta score at least one goal to win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Damn, how low is the bar for you? Hell? Middle Earth?
1705461928625.gif

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
The team plays a crappy first 53 minutes on the back end of back to backs, but plays inspired for the last 7 minutes? Makes no sense. Where's the urgency for the first 53 minutes with the fresher legs? The inability to put together consistent, 60 minute efforts is something I've harped on too much this year.

Cronin needs to find a new motivational technique or something. He hit a wall like 20 games into the season and hasn't made any type of adjustment it seems.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The team plays a crappy first 53 minutes on the back end of back to backs, but plays inspired for the last 7 minutes? Makes no sense. Where's the urgency for the first 53 minutes with the fresher legs? The inability to put together consistent, 60 minute efforts is something I've harped on too much this year.

Cronin needs to find a new motivational technique or something. He hit a wall like 20 games into the season and hasn't made any type of adjustment it seems.
needs to get ejected from a game again, that seems to motivate the team

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
No. But if you look at who the Ducks iced, especially our 2nd PP, it is tough to have unrealistic expectations.

John

I mean I get it, but these guys are still professional hockey players. I expect them to be able to complete a 15-foot, tape-to-tape, east-west pass and they seem to struggle with that even when it’s uncontested under no forechecking pressure

Ive defended them and the effort more than others here, but this is definitely a game that pissed me off to the extent that I’m glad I don’t have to watch them play until Saturday.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If u want a new coach and less boring games.

Tried to get my fellow Leaf fans onboard, they didnt want him . For real i think he would be a good NHL coach (not basing it on this clip, a bit imature in this one, but got passion, i like that part and his philsophy overall).

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Carlsson's first ever back to back in the NHL, did he crumble and turn to dust?

He looked ok, his first game back was very good this one still looked dangerous at times but had one lost puck battle which later led to a goal. So it wasn’t a great game from him. His line-mates were dog poo. He made a brilliant play to Killorn who tried to make another pass but turned it over.

This coaching staff is annoying me, they rather throw out the PP with Silf on it more than the one with Carlsson. He got double the amount of PP time. Leo is making things happen, Silf is not. Yeah sure not every PP is going to go well but it’s about giving the kids and younger players more reps to play through those.

Newell Brown cannot be fired soon enough.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Man that was rough. I wonder if there's some parallel here between this team and the 00-01 and 01-02 Ducks. Those teams were bad and boring lunchpail teams whose skill was concentrated in just a few players. But then those teams preceded over a decade of greatness. Here's hoping PV is a builder like Bryan Murray, I guess.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Week to week with depression.

All I wanted was a Leo or Mac point and I was denied. They need to start hitting the scoresheet again. Can cope with a loss when that happens. This team has one big scoring game then scores like 5 goals in the next 5 games.

I feel the entire culture of this team needs to be shaken up. It’s the same crap from last year but with a different head coach. I mean do the assistants really play that much of a role? If so they all need to go.

I get the injuries and we are still missing key players and one was traded. But it’s still so inconsistent.

You know what’s crazy San Jose and Chicago are actually worse than the Ducks. Watch us lose Sat. lol that may be the final nail for me this season. It’s fine when the games are on early but I cannot stay up to 1am watching this crap.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
The Ducks can't handle any kind of pressure while having the puck, as they panic and can't do anything (no matter where it is on the ice). Guys just don't know where to go, and can't connect with quick passes. Some of it's probably lack of talent/experience... some of it's coaching and not working more on this.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille