GDT: Game #43 -- Wed Apr 17, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Captain Bob explained what people expect of Franzen and I agree with his assessment. He wasn't signed to be a 25-30 goal player. He got a life time contract to play like he was playing before he got his life time contract.

I was not impressed with Franzen last night even with him being at center and supposedly being more involved and active than he usually is. His garbage goal at center ice was a typical Franzen goal that gives him the stats to make him look useful, but he was far from it.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
This organization has no consistent approach to anything... we hoard our youth but we don't let them play. The youth is held to a completely different standard than the vets... Gus and Smith don't respond to the benchings and games that get played, Tootoo seems to be the only guy that looks better the night after a scratch...yet that piece of garbage Cleary is allowed to make a mockery of the sport every night without recourse. I dont care what he makes, if your willing to sit Tootoo and White at what they are making, Cleary is more than far game. Tatar deserves that spot.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Stars up 2-1 on the Nucks. They look hungry. :help:

I thought it was funny Roy, the guy they just traded, got a goal immediately against them.

But yeah, boy do the Stars look scrappy. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, but the only game they've looked out of place was against Chicago. And who doesn't look out of place against them lately?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought it was funny Roy, the guy they just traded, got a goal immediately against them.

But yeah, boy do the Stars look scrappy. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, but the only game they've looked out of place was against Chicago. And who doesn't look out of place against them lately?

Yeah that is the real problem for the Stars, they flat out matchup awful with them. While I don't think the Wings can win, I don't think we will get laughed out of the building on almost all of the games. I do think that will happen to the Dallas if they play the Hawks. As always hoping to be proven wrong if it does, love watching Chicago lose in anything.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This is a good example of people's expectations for the Mule being off base. You can't compare him to guys like Kane and Ovechkin. He's paid less than $4M per year and he's got 26 points (10 goals, .72 PPG) and a +10 in 36 games. He's the last forward we should be complaining about.

The problem is people will never be content because he got a lifetime deal and if he isn't living up to that then HE is the one with the problem.

Not saying that is right, but that is how it is. Franzen will be a scapegoat for anger and disdain for as long as he wears a Red Wings uniform.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The problem is people will never be content because he got a lifetime deal and if he isn't living up to that then HE is the one with the problem.

Not saying that is right, but that is how it is. Franzen will be a scapegoat for anger and disdain for as long as he wears a Red Wings uniform.

Because realistically he cannot fix why he is hunted, he scores 40 goals and people will just say he should have done it all along, even though he has been a consistent goal scorer especially for his cap hit.

Then again I didn't think Ericsson could ever get the goat horns off and he hasn't been pursued the same way.

Only hope Franzen has is we overpay Filppula. Not rooting for that because it would hurt the team, but if Filppula gets his five million he will be the new public enemy #1 in my opinion with the fanbase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad