Post-Game Talk: Game 43: Anaheim Ducks @ Florida Panthers, 10am PT, BSSC (Ducks win 5-4, Killorn OT winner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Im actually dying... at like 2:40 the annoucer after killorn scores said "he hasnt scored since the obama administration ", that has to be left over hate from his time in tampa or something... so unnecessary

also wtf is up with this team and line changes

Last edited:

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

Im actually dying... at like 2:40 the annoucer after killorn scores said "he hasnt scored since the obama administration ", that has to be left over hate from his time in tampa or something... so unnecessary

also wtf is up with this team and line changes

This was Killorns game by far, dude was playing like it was game 7.

Hate is a hell of a motivator, someone should tell him we are always playing the panthers

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I still felt like they gave up, though. Not to be Eeyore over here. But to me the game was the ducks getting caved in for shift after shift combined with a couple lucky/strong individual efforts. Granted they re-engaged later in the game and had a good third, but for the most part I thought it was a terrible effort.
Huh, I didn't see that. Or, at least, I thought they were better this game than they've been in most lately. They still got caved a few times, but I thought the effort was good, particularly after the first period. Natural Stat Trick had the Ducks just about even on expected goals at 5-on-5 (1.45 - 1.43). They got outshot, but not by a ton.

The biggest issue to me continues to be the breakout. I HATE the Randy Carlyle Flip Special, and that seems to be all they do lately. But the forecheck looked decent, and they generated some actual chances.

So notwithstanding the above defense of their game today, the shine is gradually wearing off Greg Cronin for me.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm more impressed they came back from being down by 2 goals, twice this game. Line up looks completely different with Carlsson in the lineup. Kid is going to be special
This is the biggest takeaway for me. Carlsson looks so good, even when he's making mistakes. You can tell that he's going to be a stud.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They don't give up!
1705369159321.jpeg

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Huh, I didn't see that. Or, at least, I thought they were better this game than they've been in most lately. They still got caved a few times, but I thought the effort was good, particularly after the first period. Natural Stat Trick had the Ducks just about even on expected goals at 5-on-5 (1.45 - 1.43). They got outshot, but not by a ton.
I saw it radically differently, and the xg does nothing for me. To me there were short bursts of effort, largely spent in clearing the zone. To your point...
The biggest issue to me continues to be the breakout. I HATE the Randy Carlyle Flip Special, and that seems to be all they do lately. But the forecheck looked decent, and they generated some actual chances.

So notwithstanding the above defense of their game today, the shine is gradually wearing off Greg Cronin for me.
...they're terrible at clearing the zone. They were better earlier so some of it is probably injury-related but all of the guys in the lineup have spent significant time playing and/or practicing with the team now, so there's no real excuse for Cronin not having a functional breakout plan at this point, or in the alternative, getting the players to execute one if there is on. This was Eakins's major failing, too.

You can't control your roster but you can tell them how to play. It's up to you to figure out what works for this bunch. Right now, nothing's working.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Easily Killorn's best game. He looked 100% engaged for once. Skates hard/faster, made good plays (except a little behind on that the first fl goal) and stuck up for his teammates.

Good fight by the team to keep playing hard.

Reactions: Yemeth

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
Watching Leo do his thing is fun. He's a good one, thats for sure. Great to see vets step up and do some heavy lifting for once.

The team is still playing pretty poorly but i hope thats because of all them injuries. Hard to gauge how good or bad the team really is when players are missing all the time (Change the medical staff already). I just hope it isnt because Cronin aint an NHL-level coach. Time will tell i guess!

Reactions: Yemeth and lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad