Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
"Taking Care of Business"
Apparently Landeskog said Colorado is going to "take care of business" of Minnesota, but I have no idea since I don't have a subscription to BSN Denver. Does anyone have such a subscription? The world may never know.

What the world does know, without a doubt, is that the State of Minnesota will not allow some dubious Swede to force Bachman Turner Overdrive lyrics upon us. Not without a fight. A fight that involves equally dubious seasonal slogans. "THIS IS OUR ICE."

Actually, no, in this case it's their ice.

But we will make it our ice, by scoring many goals, and preventing them from scoring as many goals.

Maybe.

Hopfully.

Maybe somone should get Paul Westerberg on the phone to sort this out?

...SKOL?

:wild

zKED430.png

j6whl9j.png

:avs

sgK65af.png

tUotC6j.png

VJ4CioL.png

"Feelin' like a hundred bucks, exchanging good lucks. Face to Face."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lapa

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Apparently Avs will be having Hejduk jersey retirement ceremony before the game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Avs are a hot team right now. 7-2-1 in the last 10, and on a 4 game win streak. MacKinnion is on a tear 9p in his last 4 games. Usually I'd feel good about playing with Bernier, but he's riding a hot streak himself 3-0-0 (against 3 Playoff teams), 3GA, .965 sv% since Varlamov got hurt.

It should be a good game.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm pretty stoked for this game. Now that we have our team back let's see what they can do against a team that isn't the Sabres.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Take away their 1st line and thats an AHL team. Can't afford to lose to the bad teams if you want to get anywhere in the standings.
The stregenth of the central masks th fact that that Avs are better this year. If they were out east they would probably be a playoff team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The stregenth of the central masks th fact that that Avs are better this year. If they were out east they would probably be a playoff team.
I agree that they are better, but they're still the worst team in the Central and a team that the Wild should handle.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Colorado's record commands respect, or at least as much as the Wild currently command, but it does seem like if you can shut down that top line they're a pretty beatable team. We've done okay at limiting MacKinnon in the past, though he's playing incredibly lately and our roster's pretty different. It'd be nice to have Haula tonight.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hi guys. Here's the quote, really not that big of a deal:

Following Saturday night’s game, the Avalanche will go on their mandatory bye week, meaning five days of no official team activities. Given the team’s 9-3-1 record in their last 13 games, Colorado’s captain feels the break is coming at an inopportune moment with the team just finding its legs.

“If anything, it’s bad timing,” Landeskog admitted. “We want to keep this thing going and we want to keep playing. We feel like we’re hitting that rhythm here and getting our groove going here. I think we’ll take care of business tomorrow and then move on and recharge and get ready for another push before the All-Star break at the end of January. I think it’s always good to get a little break and get some rest. Guys get to spend some time with their families so I wouldn’t say it’s hard to stay focused. It’s their job. It’s what we’re here to do. No problem.”

Hope it's a good game if nothing else, but the Avs are dealing with some injury issues and didn't play a fantastic game the other night against Columbus but still came away with the win. If they play like that tonight they'll likely be run out of their own building. That'd be a shame on Hejduk night.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For the record anytime Landeskog has made any sort of "proclamations" it's mostly in response to how they handled adversity and tough situations this year as opposed to last year. He's said this is a new year, new team and even had his "I told you so" moment earlier this year after they bounced back from a bad loss. Basically it's just him saying "we don't suck like last year" which isn't really all that bold. :laugh:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hi guys. Here's the quote, really not that big of a deal:

Hope it's a good game if nothing else, but the Avs are dealing with some injury issues and didn't play a fantastic game the other night against Columbus but still came away with the win. If they play like that tonight they'll likely be run out of their own building. That'd be a shame on Hejduk night.
For the record, it was 2:30 am and I may have had a drink or two when I posted this :laugh: I totally get that it's a nothing quote.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For the record, it was 2:30 am and I may have had a drink or two when I posted this :laugh: I totally get that it's a nothing quote.

Oh I'm not faulting you in the slightest, I mean, the headline is pretty blatant :laugh: Even I thought for a moment he was swaggering a bit, which is cool and all but maybe just a tad premature. :)

Reactions: Bazeek

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No Central road game has an expectation of a win this year, but if we lose and it's not their 1st line that does us in, I'll have some questions.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Apparently Avs will be having Hejduk jersey retirement ceremony before the game.
#@$!

I think we have a pretty bad record when visiting a team holding a pre-game ceremony. Not sure if it's all the time standing around waiting or the extra energy from the crowd, but it usually bites us.

I want a win, damnit!

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I hope there are a lot of Wild fans in attendance tonight. I went to Denver a few years ago for a game and it was a blast. On a related note it is finally nice to have a full line-up and hopefully we can continue to get chemistry. I have thought this team has lacked chemistry so far

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No Central road game has an expectation of a win this year, but if we lose and it's not their 1st line that does us in, I'll have some questions.

So start blaming Dumba and/or Foligno now? :popcorn:

I dunno, Col has better depth scoring this year compared to the Wild. Their 3rd line is probably better than our 3rd line. Top-6 are a wash. 4th line, I think ours is better. I think our d-corps and goalies are better (Col is missing Barrie and Varlamov).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not a good start. Avs taking the game to Minny right now.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We look a step slow to everything; very passive. Not sure if we're just working to weather the storm early or what, but we'll need to pick it up.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Go Wild! It's awesome to hear the Wild fans at Pepsi Center already.

Really good to be back on the boards too. Been dealing with a little pipe bursting at the house so I've been staying with an uncle the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad