GDT: Game 42 | Blue Jackets @ Red Wings | 1/14 7pm

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
it’s nice to have BJ back. Since I’m pro tank by now, I’m hoping for a narrow loss with high scoring both ways.

Reactions: Fro

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

I actually like this. My first instinctual reaction was disgust but no this is good in my opinion.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
1673723041074.png

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
He was drafted out of the USHL
Yes, but I thought he was just on loan there for a season due to Covid and his original CHL team still had his rights. Thought I read previously that that was why he couldn’t play in the AHL. Plus, that would explain why he hasn’t been to Cleveland yet because I seriously can’t imagine he wouldn’t have been sent down at all by now if he was allowed.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, but I thought he was just on loan there for a season due to Covid and his original CHL team still had his rights. Thought I read previously that that was why he couldn’t play in the AHL. Plus, that would explain why he hasn’t been to Cleveland yet because I seriously can’t imagine he wouldn’t have been sent down at all by now if he was allowed.

Porty wrote an article saying that Sillinger can be sent anywhere - NHL, AHL, Jr.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Porty wrote an article saying that Sillinger can be sent anywhere - NHL, AHL, Jr.
Well, even though I think he sometimes gets a bad rap among the fanbase, it’s not like Porty is foolproof. :laugh: If that’s a quote or he directly asked the CBJ then okay, but it wouldn’t be the first time he was presumptively incorrect about something.

Even if he had to go to the CHL I think the fact he is halfway through the season and being outscored by Gudbranson means that he is not above anything right now
I mean, in theory. But he also played a full NHL schedule last year, and hasn’t played juniors in nearly two years and hasn’t played CHL in three years. I don’t think either is optimal and could see the argument for keeping him here.

But yeah, if Porty is correct he can play in the AHL (and to borrow an old stock market trope): the best time to send Cole Sillinger down to Cleveland was November. The second-best time is today.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm in Vegas. I'm tempted to try to get the sports book manager to write me a 50-1 bet on Foudy scoring a goal tonite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad