GDT: Game #40: KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS - Monday, 12/30/’13 @ 5:00 pm PST (TV = NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogyekcoh*

I would love to hear some one interview Richards, and ask him about the two winning goals against him on the past two games.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Hawks just have so many weapons, including four elite offensive players. The Kings have two elite offensive players.

You can talk about defense all you want, but it's not as if Chicago has a terrible defense, and if a guy like Keith can contain Kopitar and Carter the Kings have very little left offensively, especially with as pathetic as 23 and 10 look right now for the Kings.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Lewis and Brown are like cancer. Soon as either of these two touch the puck, the play is dead. They can't take a pass, and they suck at passing. MIND BOGGLING. Pearson and Vey sitting in minors. I hate Dustin brown right now so much. Looks like he is drunk every time he gets near a body.Lewis looks like a little boy in corners playing against stronger men.

He had the best chances in the game (after receiving two great passes) and was stopped. Don't lay this loss at his feet.

dogyekcoh*

Hawks just have so many weapons, including four elite offensive players. The Kings have two elite offensive players.

You can talk about defense all you want, but it's not as if Chicago has a terrible defense, and if a guy like Keith can contain Kopitar and Carter the Kings have very little left offensively, especially with as pathetic as 23 and 10 look right now for the Kings.

Exactly, Chicago is a better team in O and D. We have an edge in Goal, but if you don't score you can't win.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
In before someone hits you with that loveable sports cliche

"defense wins championships"

A combination of both wins Cups, the Hawks have a top five defense that started slow this year.

Last year they were top five.

KingKopitar11*

Man Chicago must have a pretty awesome GM though. The team gets broken up and he makes another cup team in a couple years.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Man Chicago must have a pretty awesome GM though. The team gets broken up and he makes another cup team in a couple years.

Because you win in this league on the backs of a strong core of 5-6 players. Chicago maintained all of those players after both cup wins.

You can talk about lockerrom guys, character players, whatever else you want to call them. But they are overrated, no team wins without a great core of 5-6 players.

Right now the Kings championship core is shattered. Quick is injured and Brown and Richards look like trash (and getting worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad