Post-Game Talk: Game 40 - B's enter break getting a point but lose in OT to Pens 6-5 - Next up Poutineville

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-1-7_22-20-5.png

:bruins:pens

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
lost because rask gave up 3 soft ones . we can complain about the ot lineup but the fact is should have not gotten to ot . the tying goal was brutal he actually moved away from the shot and would have stoped it if he just stood there

Reactions: Clode and fin8

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Good point on a back to back.

Good experience for the young guys on D too playing against some talented forwards.

Thought Grizz and Mcavoy handled the puck well for the most part when under pressure. Struggled with their coverages all night though. Games like these will go a long way in their development.

Too bad their bye week is now. Would’ve liked it further into January before the Feb/March pile up of games

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not sure if it would have mattered, but why didn’t he call a TO after the icing with Krejci, Pasta and McAvoy out there?

Also, the Pens got away with a bunch of hooks and holds.

A lot.

Reactions: Ladyfan

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Well, at least we see how this team stacks up against a team like the Pens. Rask had an off night, it was 2nd of a back-to-back, and we still almost won it.

Would have been nice to get that 2nd point, but maybe a game like this is what they needed going into the break. Take it out on the habs.

Reactions: caz16 and sooshii

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I usually like Malkin despite that disgrace of a team he plays for, but he should be fined for those dives tonight.

Pathetic. God I hope they miss the playoffs.

Sucks to lose but even when it’s an ugly one they still salvage a point. That’s impressive.

Enjoy the break.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Odd game. Rask had a tough start but made some insane stops after the first. The team was so dead in front of him in the 3rd, I think either goalie starting tonight would have resulted in the loss, to be honest.

Reactions: TCB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I can't stand Malkin.

After the first period, I would have been happy getting one point, but they could have had two, even with all the penalties.

Oh well. Hope they come out flying after the break.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good point.
tuukka not his best.
mcavoy not his best.

krejci horrible in ot again. i dont wanna see him in ot again

Reactions: bmwmc101

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought Bruins played really loose tonite and Rask let in two that should be stopped but the team battled and still pulled a point out and were couple inches on that penalty shot from 2 points .
Rask did probably let 3 in that he normally would-of stopped but he also made some Great saves.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Also:

*Runs around the forum passing out oxygen tanks and then runs to Pittsburgh and kicks Malkin in the shins repeatedly, just because*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad