Post-Game Talk: Game 40: Anaheim Ducks @ Nashville Predators, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 5-3, but lose Zegras)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This is probably the shittiest I’ve felt in a long time , after a win.

Is it time to question the medical staff or do they have to sacrifice a live chicken before each game to please the hockey gods? I really have no idea anymore.
I've felt this is needed for a good time now. I'm not gonna go and double check but it seems that any other season we're among the top injured teams. I'm far from a medical person, but there are different ways to prepare and treat your body. While some of the injuries would not have been avoided, some it feels might. What is the other explanaition for a team to constantly be among the top injured ones? Or perhaps we're not? Either way, this year all our important players are out.

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Best case scenario, yeah, easily out to two though. He stood up using the ankle though, so I can’t imagine it’s broken.
Yah but it could also be have a hairline fracture.. Im sure they x rayed it.. If its 6 weeks or more.. Than you know there is a fracture

Reactions: Ducks DVM

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Adrenaline is a hell of a drug
Had a severe ankle injury playing hockey 20+ years ago, with the ankle effectively being broken in a comminuted fracture one one side and a splintered fracture on the other as well as all ligaments sans the achilles being torn. Believe me, I tried to get up, but it was impossible. And yes, the actual pain floods through your body like a MF once the skate is cut off.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Great game by the D until the bs end. Jackson had a monster game. Love him paired with Gudas. Hopefully Minty isn't too serious. Zegs injury looked nasty. Here we come Celebrini

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Great game by the D until the bs end. Jackson had a monster game. Love him paired with Gudas. Hopefully Minty isn't too serious. Zegs injury looked nasty. Here we come Celebrini
Even under the most pessimistic scenario I don't see any way that the Ducks finish worse than Chicago or SJ. Those two teams are truly atrocious from top to bottom.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Had a severe ankle injury playing hockey 20+ years ago, with the ankle effectively being broken in a comminuted fracture one one side and a splintered fracture on the other as well as all ligaments sans the achilles being torn. Believe me, I tried to get up, but it was impossible. And yes, the actual pain floods through your body like a MF once the skate is cut off.
Well, let's just hope that isn't what happened to Z because yikes

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Well, let's just hope that isn't what happened to Z because yikes
Same here.. Ive had an ankel injury before too. Took me almost 3 weeks just to put pressure on my foot.. Its the worst.. We will know how bad it is if Z is in crunches or sent back home.. He needs an MRI done to determine if there is ligament damage

Reactions: duckaroosky

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They are a bubble team/First round exit fodder. This is why we need to be patient with our rebuild.
Very true. Nashville has done some retooling moves and trades but not competed to a real rebuild and tries to be competitive. Seems they'll be stuck this way and eventually Josi will force his way out while he's still in his prime. I just hope Nashville hits rock bottom when the Ducks are contenders again and don't have to face them in the playoffs, I could see a 8th seed Nashville team beating the Ducks in the 2nd round 4 to 5 years from now.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Even under the most pessimistic scenario I don't see any way that the Ducks finish worse than Chicago or SJ. Those two teams are truly atrocious from top to bottom.
Thrun is SJ's 1D and I hope him well that playing big minutes in the Shark Tank doesn't burn him out, everyone else they got on D looks horrible and belongs in AHL/ECHL. Yeah he burned the Ducks but karma returned in the form of Gauthier.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Haven't seen them play like that in a while. Love it when we beat the perds

1704910804925.png

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84 and Daz28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad