GDT: Game 4: Detroit Pizza Wings @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Anyone claiming to break up Domi and Keller and saying the main chemistry is between Stepan and Keller are nuts.

Stepan isn’t a shooter nor necessarily a passer, he’s good at making room and apply pressure to open up ice. Keller and Domi are a dynamic pair. Domis ability to find the open man, which in this case has been Keller is remarkable. I can assure you you will not see Domi and Keller playing on separate lines, that’s just asinine.

Reactions: AZNative85

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Move Dvorak up and drop Stepan down a line to see if he can get Duclair going? We need two scoring lines. Something has to give.

Domi-Dvorak-Keller
Rieder-Stepan-Duke
Nook-Richardson-Fish
Kempe-Cousins-Crouse

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd actually put Duclair in the upper end of performers offensively so far outside the obvious ones. Think he's been okay. Last game he had a few good chances, one was just a touch off his stick and the other Howard stopped.

I've been underwhelmed with Dvorak's offensive game so far but it's not like we have other options there either :laugh:

Not sure I'd give give him more minutes because of that. Probably hold for now with the top line intact for a few more games.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Move Dvorak up and drop Stepan down a line to see if he can get Duclair going? We need two scoring lines. Something has to give.

Domi-Dvorak-Keller
Rieder-Stepan-Duke
Nook-Richardson-Fish
Kempe-Cousins-Crouse

That would make a lot more sense, however I see Dvorak and Stepan with similar playing styles.

If moving Dvo up with Domi and Keller helps Duclair produce with Stepan, I am all I’m for that. I also wouldn’t mind seeing at short bursts a line of Domi - Keller - Duclair.

Not necessarily as a solidified line, but at times just to see how that transpires.

Reactions: rt

KG

Sep 23, 2010
To me it's seems like Dvorak is drawing a lot of the defensive assignments too

AZNative85

Oct 13, 2017
Another thought...Let's not put Stepan out there as Center in the last 3 minutes of a tied game. Mix up some of the lines or at least find a Center that can win FOs. As usual, we did well in the first and then petered out (although switching to LD in net probably didn't help). If Raanta can't get into game shape (I'm guessing it was a groin injury, but feel free to correct me if they've shared any more details), we need to find a more consistent back up (and I like LD, but he's been rough this season); it's like he channeled Smith out there or something
Ummm Stepan should be in there

AZNative85

Oct 13, 2017
So? It was his first AHL game. Every goalie on the planet and in history has had a few bad games. If it becomes a habit, then I'll rethink it - but I still think he's our best goalie prospect for the future. Hell, Strome did absolutely nothing in his two games this season and yet people are still praying he gets called up to save us... :laugh:
He needs to get called up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad