GDT: Game #4: Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
That hiccup involving the Edmundson turnover and their powerplay goal was what won the game. That couple minutes changed everything.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
they gave away home ice due to a lackluster effort. seems like a legit reason to be down on them.

they were lucky this even went into OT. turnovers galore. this was a ugly game and should have been a dallas blowout.

I think both teams made huge mistakes and both teams blew great chances. We lost in OT with 50/50 odds...like losing a coin toss.

We missed energy tonight...as did the stars....they picked heads while we picked tails and lost

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The only positive I take going into next game is that we usually tend to bounce back after a loss. I can't help but think though that we are only going to get so many lucky chances to stay in a series before our luck runs out. We have to start helping ourselves by putting teams away.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
From the start this felt like Game 1 of this series, with the same result. Too much east-west, lots of broken up passes, and just generally not very sharp.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The only positive I take going into next game is that we usually tend to bounce back after a loss. I can't help but think though that we are only going to get so many lucky chances to stay in a series before our luck runs out. We have to start helping ourselves by putting teams away.

I hope so. I'm still pissed about Ed's turn over. Right on the guy's tape.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
they gave away home ice due to a lackluster effort. seems like a legit reason to be down on them.

they were lucky this even went into OT. turnovers galore. this was a ugly game and should have been a dallas blowout.

I'm not too disappointed splitting both home and away. Considering their performance on Tuesday, generally I still feel the blues are the superior team this round and should have success down the stretch.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis

The effort was there. You have to give Dallas some credit, they made some adjustments and they stole 1 game in STL. Mission accomplished as far as they are concerned. If Brouwer had buried that 2 on 1 back in the 1st when we were up 1-0, I don't think we lose. I wish he went up high instead of trying to go 5 hole.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'm not too disappointed splitting both home and away. Considering their performance on Tuesday, generally I still feel the blues are the superior team this round and should have success down the stretch.

The only thing is that the superior team does not always win. Numerous opportunities to put them away could come back to haunt us come Wednesday or, god forbid, Monday if we fail to get it done.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Is there such a thing as "home ice advantage"?

Yes, but it isn't all that significant. The home coach being able to control the match-ups can be a big deal, and that shoukd have heavily benefitted us against a team like Dallas. Yet it is 1-1 in St. Louis.

Too much gets made of being at home because of how massively important it is in the NBA and, to a lesser degree, the NFL.

AwesomeSince86

Apr 21, 2015
You hate to point finger but Ed cost us that game...plain and simple. What's worse is that Dallas played a C game and all we needed to do was bring a C+ game to win and we couldn't even muster that. Now we've put ourselves on a bad situation needing to win one in Dallas.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Being up 3 - 1 would have given us three chances to get it done. There is no slack in the rope now. We have to take one at their arena and then get it done in ours. I don't know that I could watch a game 7 in Dallas. It'd probably give me a stroke.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Blues get caught with their pants down in this one

hand-fall.gif

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
The Stars' defense and goal-tending still suck so I'm confident that the Blues win the series.

That's a pretty vague statement.we very well could lose this series.their goaltending isn't the best but it "works"for them.we lost our possession in the neutral zone tonight way to often,that can't happen on Saturday.dallas is too good to give them those oppertunities

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The NSH-SJ game makes ours look like it was running in slow-motion

I don't want to think negatively, but I'd be lying if I said that I think the winner of this series is favorable to win against San Jose. They are just playing incredibly solid hockey on both sides.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
he was almost parallel with the goal line man. look i understand some of you love brian but thats a soft goal and he will be the first to admit it.

as far as im concerned hes the only reason this game wasnt over in regulation. the blues played a mediocre game and when you play a mediocre game you deserve to lose. it just sucks that we lost on a soft ass goal in OT.

you cant miss as many chances as the blues did and win in the playoffs. awful effort tonight.

Give it a ****ing rest

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Blues allowed Dallas back in tonight. That's the only reason they lost.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
i compliment him and say its not his fault we lose and the elliott homers are still angry

better hope your boy stands on his head in game 5

Never would've made it to OT if the rest of the team played worth a damn. Elliott at least gave them a fighting chance.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Steen-Stastny-Brouwer was excellent.
Tarasenko played well.

We outplayed Dallas but need to convert and push the pace. Stop letting Dallas have easy entry.

I believe in this team.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The effort was there. You have to give Dallas some credit, they made some adjustments and they stole 1 game in STL. Mission accomplished as far as they are concerned. If Brouwer had buried that 2 on 1 back in the 1st when we were up 1-0, I don't think we lose. I wish he went up high instead of trying to go 5 hole.

He's got to choose to lift the puck a lot more often,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad