GDT: Game #4: Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
guess you didnt see the entire 3rd period where after our first shift, we played not to lose and sat back the entire period. dallas would have won in a blowout if not for elliott.

getting tired of your homer attitude.

LGB

I don't normally agree with you but I do here, I was at the game and even said the same thing to my brother during the 3rd period, it was a tie game and we were playing not to lose, the forcheck dissappeared and we seemed to be playing a defensive shell, extremely disappointing

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
guess you didnt see the entire 3rd period where after our first shift, we played not to lose and sat back the entire period. dallas would have won in a blowout if not for elliott.

LGB

We outshot them 8-7 in the 3rd period. I didn't like the way we got conservative, but acting like they should have scored another 3 goals to blow us out is ridiculous.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
We outshot them 8-7 in the 3rd period. I didn't like the way we got conservative, but acting like they should have scored another 3 goals to blow us out is ridiculous.

ya 7 snoozefest of shots after we got robbed in the opening minute. look how many times benn's line should have put the game away but elliott was making some good saves on them. they played not to lose in the 3rd period and they deserve to have the series tied 2-2

giving away home ice when you dont give max effort is unacceptable. letting lehtnen outwork us is also unacceptable.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
ya 7 snoozefest of shots after we got robbed in the opening minute. look how many times benn's line should have put the game away but elliott was making some good saves on them. they played not to lose in the 3rd period and they deserve to have the series tied 2-2

giving away home ice when you dont give max effort is unacceptable. letting lehtnen outwork us is also unacceptable.

The Stars had 2 shots on goal from within 30 feet of the goal. One of them was a backhander from 20 feet out.

Corsi for in the 3rd was 14-11 Blues.

Scoring chances in the 3rd were 7-5 Blues.

High danger chances were 4-1 Blues.

What you are saying isn't supported by what actually happened in the 3rd period. I didn't like our style of play, but we weren't hanging on for dear life in the 3rd period. We weren't lucky to get to OT. Elliott didn't have to stand on his head in the 3rd.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
The Stars had 2 shots on goal from within 30 feet of the goal. One of them was a backhander from 20 feet out.

Corsi for in the 3rd was 14-11 Blues.

Scoring chances in the 3rd were 7-5 Blues.

High danger chances were 4-1 Blues.

What you are saying isn't supported by what actually happened in the 3rd period. I didn't like our style of play, but we weren't hanging on for dear life in the 3rd period. We weren't lucky to get to OT. Elliott didn't have to stand on his head in the 3rd.

Agreed. Never did I think the Blues were sitting back in the 3rd period. The reason they were on our heels was because of self inflicted reasons as they managed the puck horrendously. Credit to the Stars for getting a disrupting forecheck going for the first time in 5 periods and some impressive sticks...thinking specifically of when Sharp made that great play behind the Blues net where he knocked Steen's rim attempt out of the air but there were plenty of examples...Brouwer alone must have had 5 giveaways in the 3rd.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
Worse than game six in Chicago? I don't know about that. Being up 3-1 and then losing 6-3...that's pretty bad.

CHI gave us everything that entire series and deserved to win Game 6. Stars didn't deserve anything. They said "Here's the game!" and gave it to us on a silver platter. Honestly it should have been over in the 1st period. That's why this one hurts even more. Now the Blues have to dig themselves out of a small hole with 2 out of 3 in Dallas.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis

Although I agree it's unacceptable.......Blues had how many breakaways in the 1st period? Like 3??? Not to mention one of the goals the Blues let up was awful (not blaming Elliott).

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
And per CBS sports (just a hour ago).........Seguin isn't healthy enough to return for Game 5. Honestly at this point, would probably do Stars more harm than good.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I'm not too worried about him. Not to take anything away from Dallas but I think the Blues win or lose this series based on themselves. I really don't give a crap who Dallas puts in their lineup. Dallas' defense and goaltending is hardly WCF-caliber. The Blues either do what they should and exploit that, or let their lackluster efforts shoot themselves in the foot. Pretty much every other neutral observer realizes the Blues have a better roster. Hopefully they use the Chicago series to help them with this one too.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's a shame the Blues didn't capitalize on more of their early scoring chances. The momentum shifted after Edmundson floated that gift up the middle to Faksa.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Although I agree it's unacceptable.......Blues had how many breakaways in the 1st period? Like 3??? Not to mention one of the goals the Blues let up was awful (not blaming Elliott).

ya they let them hang around too long and then went soft on em and stopped hitting.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Dallas didn't win the game themsleves.

St. Louis lost the game for themselves.

That's how I'd put it. I'd say we did play even, if not better but mental errors and we end up taking our L.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
The tone on these boards seems bi-polar at times...

We had some bad luck this go around. I felt like we were going to have a tough go at it after the first period by missing on some really great chances, tarasenko hitting the post, etc. This game would have been a clear win without that 1 minute span with Edmundson's turnover and the PK right afterward. The margin for error is slim, but I see this game as a new lesson learned for this club rather than falling into old habits that lost games before. Losses are always disappointing, but there's no shame in this one for me.

rivoshy 1774

Oct 9, 2013
ontario, Can

LGB

The blues didn't have too many chances in the third but Dallas didn't either. Overtime saw the Blues attacking not the Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad