3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

keep-calm-and-forget-last-night-1.png

9:00pm EST
Pepsi Center
Denver Colorado

denver_colorado_skyline.jpg

bluejackets_logo.png

Per Rob Mixer and the CBJ Blog:

2:30 P.M. -- There may be last-minute changes based on some bumps and bruises to players (as Todd Richards alluded to earlier in the week), but for the most part, the Blue Jackets are anticipating using the same lineup as they did last night in Phoenix.

Umberger - Brassard - Dorsett
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Atkinson
Foligno - Johansen - Prospal
Calvert - Letestu/MacKenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Nikitin
Johnson - Wisniewski
Moore - Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

One change we could see is Colton Gillies drawing in tonight, as he's the lone Blue Jackets forward yet to play a game this season. On defense, David Savard was scratched for the third straight game last night, but I don't get the sense that Richards is looking to shake up the defense pairings. Based on who needs a night off (and most will be game-time decisions), this lineup could fluctuate.

avalanche_logo.png

Lines
Landeskog – Duchene – Parenteau
McGinn – Stastny – Jones
Malone – Mitchell – Hejduk
McLeod – Olver – Kobasew

Wilson – Johnson
Hejda – O’Byrne
Zanon – Hunwick

Varlamov
Giguere

Game Notes:

Will update thruout the day.

FSO Preview:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/24/...g_bluejackets.html?blockID=853943&feedID=3576

The Blue Jackets, though, took a step back Wednesday with a 5-1 loss at Phoenix. Defenseman Fedor Tyutin gave his team an early 1-0 lead but Steve Mason - hoping to rebound from a dismal 2011-12 - went on to allow five unanswered goals in his season debut.

"There were a few good things, but there was lots of things that we have to address and repair," said coach Todd Richards, whose team was outshot 42-26. "Some of it came down to a pure will, a want to compete and battle. We've had it and when we lose it is when we become undisciplined and make some bad mistakes..............

Blue Jackets Preview:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652133&navid=DL|CBJ|home

Colorado was dealt some bad news on the injury front on Wednesday, learning that rugged forward Steve Downie would need season-ending surgery for a serious knee injury believed to be a torn ACL. He’s been a fixture in the Avalanche top nine forward group since being acquired from Tampa Bay last season, and his loss means opportunity for another young prospect in their system...........

“@smitchcd: #CBJ players who did not play last night will skate this a.m. in Denver. Team will hold meeting at hotel after.”

“@RobMixer: As #CBJ coach Todd Richards mentioned yesterday, expect Sergei Bobrovsky to start tonight in Denver.”

“@jrimercbj: #CBJ coach Todd Richards confirms Bobrovski will face #Avs 2nite. Lineup changes due to bumps and bruises with final decisions @ game time.”

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
From a fan perspective I will be going into tonight's game with a chip on my shoulder. We better see a better effort tonight or I might just type angry again. That team we saw last night is not the team we should see and giving them an excuse like "They just aren't that talented" is just wrong. We are missing experienced player on the top line, there is potential top line talent on this team. Seize the opportunity. Sure we don't have the same level of talent as the Cup contenders, but we have more than our playoff team.

Too many more of last night and we will be looking for another head coach.

We need some chemistry to develop between some players in the top nine and quickly. We need more offensive zone time.

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
It was just one game. But we can't afford to go out without at least one point. I wonder if he actually sits RJ (please please please). I don't agree with those who were saying to sit Brass in yesterdays thread.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i'm not ready to break up the defensive pairs, but getting closer the way they've played over the last 4 periods or so...it's interesting how the team seems to play in front of Mason and everyone else...I too hope that they play with a chip on their shoulders (I know its not exactly what you meant, but me having a chip on my shoulder over the game is somewhat meaningless).

Think I may go watch at the Jacket Backers watch party at BDubs Bethel...

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
I'm really hoping a different team shows up tonight... can't hang it all on Mase last night, but after the goal that slid slowly between his legs, bounced off his pad and in... and Mase fell backward... I knew he was mentally out of the game and there was no coming back.

Is it just me, or is the Tyutin/Nikitin combo not clicking as the "shut down pair" they were at the end of last season??? When they checked each other last night was my last straw to turn the game off.

I'll echo the sentiment, I think RJ just may need to sit a game or too and get that "hunger" for the game back... he's just not looking consistent. There are bursts of energy and the RJ we all know and love... just not enough to support all the people who wanted to give his the "C" before the season started.

My (safe) prediction for the night??? 3-2 Avs in OT. Brassard / Foligno with the goals. <<< PROVE ME WRONG CBJ!!!!!

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Best chat ever. We'll win aslong as we got headfake.

For serious. I wish we could get a transcript.

And as long as we're there typing S's we'll be okay.

As for tonight I'll be interested to see if Bobby goes back in. Mase can't be blamed for everything last night but he wasn't great.

And I'll echo the echo. Umby needs a swift kick in the ass. I've been defending him from all the naysayers but he has done nothing out there so far to deserve it. Brass at least has a gw shootout goal and assist, Umby's got nothing. Nada. Except a stupid penalty or two. He needs to sit for a game or two. I want the Umby I know and love to come back.

Last edited:

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Dang late start, going to have to miss this one but I hope to come home and see a win on the scoresheet.
Oh and I think Mase was just unlucky last night, I'm sure he worked out this morning so he deserves another start and a win is guaranteed.

pickledcotton

May 23, 2003
Pataskala, OH
From a fan perspective I will be going into tonight's game with a chip on my shoulder.

Boy, I couldn't agree more. At least when we had an 82-game season we'd have a couple days between games for me to hang my head, then recover... wait, am I talking about myself or the team?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@jrimercbj: #CBJ coach Todd Richards confirms Bobrovski will face #Avs 2nite. Lineup changes due to bumps and bruises with final decisions @ game time.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad