GDT: Game 4: Arizona Coyotes @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Stop Copying Me.

Who starts in Goal Tonight?

• Total voters

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Why do I get excited when we have a 5 on 3? We never score in those situations.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury being the game changer according to AT&T when Theodore has 2 goals from defense. Okay.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fleury being the game changer according to AT&T when Theodore has 2 goals from defense. Okay.
Fleury had some really big saves though.

Thought Shea and Whitecloud were outstanding. Good to see Tuch have a productive night.

But my biggest takeaway is that Marchy needs to drill passes until he's blue in the face. He was far and away our worst passer tonight.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
But my biggest takeaway is that Marchy needs to drill passes until he's blue in the face. He was far and away our worst passer tonight.

He's had a rough start to the season. Basically picked right up from his last 10 or so games in the bubble where he was awful. I have a hard time seeing him on the team past this season. I could see them moving him at the deadline.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury had some really big saves though.

Thought Shea and Whitecloud were outstanding. Good to see Tuch have a productive night.

He also got some help on a few and faced barely twenty shots. He played good, not very good or outstanding.

Theodore was outstanding, scoring two and making Fleury's breakaway save on Kessel child's play with a great defensive stick.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For nostalgia's sake I dug up some old reviews of Whitecloud's performances at rookie camp in 2018. He's more or less become the player I envisioned he could be back then.

Zach Whitecloud (7.5/10)

Whitecloud almost never does anything flashy. He rarely does anything that makes the heart rate spike save for a bomb from the point that Glass tipped in. But, what Whitecloud does he does so efficiently and so safely. His positioning is almost always correct, his zone exits are intelligent, his stick checking may not always jar the puck loose but it sufficiently slows the play down. You need guys like Whitecloud who rarely do anything wrong and play smart responsible defense. On that note, while I feel his first step in his skating could be a bit more powerful, I do feel of the Vegas prospects, the kid is the most NHL ready. I fully believe he could slot into Vegas' bottom pairing today.
1st period thoughts for those that can't/couldn't watch

Whitecloud: Nothing I see from this kid has changed my mind that he is likely the strongest choice of the prospect pool to grab a spot to start the season and be the first call up. While Brannstrom and Hague have higher pure skill and potential, Whitecloud just plays a very safe and smart game and is very strong on his skates.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
MILESTONE ALERT!

Smith-Reilly_2.png

100th Assist as a Knight

Pietrangelo-Alex_VGK-2021_.png

First Goal as a Knight

VGK.png

Kolesar
1st Point as a Knight

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm surprised Kolesar finished the night only with 8 mins of ice time. Loved his first period and assumed he would have a high total of ice time forsure... I was unable to watch the 2nd and 3rd period so I assume his play leveled off after the 1st?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm surprised Kolesar finished the night only with 8 mins of ice time. Loved his first period and assumed he would have a high total of ice time forsure... I was unable to watch the 2nd and 3rd period so I assume his play leveled off after the 1st?

I think it was all the penalties in the 3rd.

The way the 4th line has been relatively ineffective, I'm hoping the lines resemble this by the end of the season:

Patches Glass Stone
Tuch Karlsson Smith
Marchy Roy Stephenson
Carrier Nosek Kolesar
Reaves

Reaves must have taken the night off for his birthday.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Fun fact: At +8, Theodore currently has the best +/- in the league. Tied for second place, at +6, are Joel Edmundsen and Mark Stone. Patches and Martinez are at +5 in a seven way tie for 4th

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think it was all the penalties in the 3rd.

The way the 4th line has been relatively ineffective, I'm hoping the lines resemble this by the end of the season:

Patches Glass Stone
Tuch Karlsson Smith
Marchy Roy Stephenson
Carrier Nosek Kolesar
Reaves

Reaves must have taken the night off for his birthday.

Do you expect Kolesar to stick in the lineup all season? I thought I read that he would need to pass through waivers now if he was to be sent down? Is that true?

More less just curious about him cause I loved his game in junior and figured he could eventually become an effective NHLer

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Do you expect Kolesar to stick in the lineup all season? I thought I read that he would need to pass through waivers now if he was to be sent down? Is that true?

More less just curious about him cause I loved his game in junior and figured he could eventually become an effective NHLer

If something happens to *ahem* clear up some cap space, I expect him to be a 13th forward who is often scratched. Vegas believes he has more value than to be given up on waivers and he has shown some flashes of quality.

Reactions: CupInSIX

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How has Stephenson looked?
Fine. Not the banger of a 1c we need but he works well enough with Pacioretty and Stone.

Honestly the dynamic there takes me way back to Steve Rucchin centering Kariya and Selanne. PK and Teemu flexed their chemistry on everyone while Rucchin opened up space for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad