GDT: Game 4: Arizona Coyotes @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Stop Copying Me.

Who starts in Goal Tonight?

• Total voters

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Fine. Not the banger of a 1c we need but he works well enough with Pacioretty and Stone.

Honestly the dynamic there takes me way back to Steve Rucchin centering Kariya and Selanne. PK and Teemu flexed their chemistry on everyone while Rucchin opened up space for them.

Interesting. On a team with average C depth would u consider him a 2C or a good 3C?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What’s going on with glass? Is he going to see some ice?

Probably only sparingly until they get the cap situation sorted out. It's not him, it's their mismanagement of the cap apparently combined with not wanting to put Kolesar on waivers or something.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Don't think he has the finishing for a 2c spot but I suppose on an average c depth unit he could be depending on who is in the group.

I think he's a typical 3C. He isn't skilled enough to be top six for a long time unless Pacioretty and Stone absolutely drag him there but he is hard working and can create opportunities that way.

Even when he has a good game I notice the lack of finish, errant offensive zone passes, and fumbled passes in stride to end a dangerous rush up the ice and I think, if he had even a little more skill with his stick he would be a decent 2C.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think he's a typical 3C. He isn't skilled enough to be top six for a long time unless Pacioretty and Stone absolutely drag him there but he is hard working and can create opportunities that way.

Even when he has a good game I notice the lack of finish, errant offensive zone passes, and fumbled passes in stride to end a dangerous rush up the ice and I think, if he had even a little more skill with his stick he would be a decent 2C.

Sounds like the center version of Alex borrows.

Didn't have top 6 skill, but always worked his ass off, got the puck to the sedins, and because of that had multiple 50+ point years.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If something happens to *ahem* clear up some cap space, I expect him to be a 13th forward who is often scratched. Vegas believes he has more value than to be given up on waivers and he has shown some flashes of quality.

They still have the hoard the assets view of the world. Maybe its just a slow start but feels like the 4th line hasn't been a force so far. Could just be the matchups, but realistically if they can't drive possession and be able to occasionally go neutralize a better line on the other team, then this idea of paying so much for Reaves and Carrier becomes wasteful and worrying about keeping Kolesar seems a bit overdone. But it seems this organization just values this type of player and line more than most and it aligns with their dismantling of a fast team and replacing it with a more deliberate team.

I think he's at best 25% likely to get taken on waivers, he's basically 13th forward at best on some teams and taxi squad or AHL depth on others. He can't be in the latter two so its a small pool of potential poachers out there. And even if he was lost, all he figures to be is a style fit. They could easily rely on other players to fill a fourth line spot (Jurco, Brown, Sikura), but they are so enamored with this style of game for the 4th line they just can't let him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad